The Department of Health Policy and Management offers a residential MSPH program designed to improve research and analytical skills of early and midcareer professionals who aspire to careers in health systems & services research, analysis, and evaluation in the public and private sector.
This program will empower you with the knowledge to achieve the following core competencies:
- Examine past, current, and emerging issues related to the organization, financing, and management of health delivery in the US (HPM dept wide competency).
- Apply the appropriate health services research methods to analyze and inform key health services or health policy questions.
- Conduct and interpret advanced statistical methods.
- Use micro-economic theory to understand consumer and provider behavior in healthcare markets.
- Apply decision science and economic evaluation methods to effectively measure, model, and summarize health outcomes and their value to stakeholders.
- Design and implement a study using the appropriate research design and analytic methods.
- Use research evidence to identify implications for health policy or management.
Residential MSPH Program
The MSPH degree is particularly appropriate for individuals interested in pursuing careers at consulting firms, contract research organizations, federal and state government entities, think tanks, non-governmental organizations, health insurers, and international health organizations. Students obtain a comprehensive understanding of the healthcare system, research and analytic methods. Learn More
Diversity and Inclusion
Promoting and valuing diversity in the classroom enriches learning and broadens everyone’s perspectives. Learn More
Content for this page provided by the Department of Health Policy and Management. If you have further questions about admission requirements or programs, please contact the HPM Student Services Office. For technical problems with the online application form, contact UNC Slate Support. For questions or comments about the information on this page, contact the webmaster.