Looking for help with your research? Information on research training, proposal boilerplates, policies, support offices and more are provided below.
This section provides information on trainings researchers are expected to complete. Please follow the links below to the relevant webpages:
UNC Research Support Units
This section provides links to university-wide research support units available to UNC faculty and students.
- Office of Sponsored Research (OSR)
- Go-To Information Sheet
- Office of Human Research Ethics (IRB)
- Research Information Systems Help (ORIS)
- Centers and Institutes (UNC) (Gillings School)
- North Carolina Translational and Clinical Sciences Institute (NC TraCS)
- Core Facilities
- All Units
Support for Contracts and Agreements
Did you know that principal investigators, faculty, staff, students, and departmental contacts are not authorized to sign agreements?
- Contracts Office
- Office of Clinical Trials (OCT)
- Who Can and Can’t Sign (Signature Delegation Chart)
- Still not sure? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Gifts versus Grants and Contracts
Unsure about the difference between gifts, grants, and contracts? This section provides University guidance and policies regarding gifts, sponsored projects, and grants.
- For information on research as a “gift” or a “sponsored project,” please see the University’s policy and the University’s guidance on these topics.
- Gillings School Guiding Principles for Considering Gift and Grant Agreements with Companies (approved June, 2017).
Information for your Proposals
In this section, we provide resources to help you prepare a variety of funding proposals. The resources provide general language that describes the research environment at UNC and Gillings, including research resources, diversity initiatives, and general information about the university. Modify these to fit the needs of your specific proposal.
- Gillings School Facts and Figures
- UNC Facts and Rankings
- Boilerplate – Gillings School and UNC Research Overview (updated August 2018)
- Boilerplate – Animal Facilities (updated October 2018)
- Boilerplate – Computing Resources (updated October 2018)
- Boilerplate – Library Facilities (updated October 2018)
- Boilerplate – Laboratory Facilities (updated October 2018)
- Didn’t find what you needed? The Research, Innovation and Global Solutions stores boilerplates from around UNC. Email email@example.com.
Intellectual Property and Commercialization
This section provides information from the University on technology commercialization and intellectual property.
- Office of Technology Commercialization (OTC)
- Still not sure? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Global and Local Resources
In this section, you will find global and local research resources across the University.
- Global Travel Toolkit
- UNC Policy on Export Controls
- North Carolina Institute for Public Health Programs and Services
- Community Stakeholder Engagement (NC TraCS)
Important Gillings School Policies
This sections provides links to specific Gillings School policies.