Leading in research and practice
Our Department of Biostatistics is recognized as a worldwide leader in research and practice. Members of our faculty are interested both in development of statistical methodology and application of statistics in applied research. Our research strengths include:
- Development of new statistical methods to address pressing issues in medicine and public health sciences
- Design of innovative clinical trials that allow faster evaluation of new therapeutic agents
- Collaborative work focused upon important public health concerns, including infectious diseases, cancer, cardiovascular disease, obesity and drinking water safety
- Utilization of strong quantitative skills to improve the health of human beings around the globe
Message from the Chair
"The field of biostatistics is at the cutting edge of new developments in data science and health. UNC Gillings biostatisticians apply data science to solve problems in human health through designing research studies, organizing and integrating data, analyzing data and collaborating on interdisciplinary research teams to improve human health."Read more from Dr. Kosorok.
We’re celebrating! Join your fellow alumni, our faculty and current students as we reflect on past achievements and current research endeavors.Learn more.
- BIOS Seminar: Data Monitoring Committees September 26 @ 3:30 pm - 4:30 pm
- Department of Biostatistics' 70th Anniversary (BIOS 70) October 28 @ 8:00 am - October 29 @ 5:00 pm