What we do
SPH Advancement is here for just that—advancement of the School’s mission to improve public health, promote individual well-being and eliminate health inequities across North Carolina and around the world. We accomplish this through:
- Connecting donors to the giving opportunities they are passionate about that help our students and our School lead the charge in solving our biggest public health problems; and
- Creating a community where our alumni, friends, faculty and students can connect and collaborate on public health research and practice.
Need to reach us?
UNC Gillings School of Global Public Health
135 Dauer Drive
107 Rosenau Hall, CB #7400
Chapel Hill, NC 27599-7400
For prospective students with admissions questions, please contact the Office of Student Affairs
at firstname.lastname@example.org or (919) 966-2499.
- Works with Dean, colleagues and faculty on ideas for funding
- Executive director of the Public Health Foundation
- Leads UNC Gillings Advancement
- Liaison with Gillings School Advisory Council
- Manages office operations.
- Serves as Public Health Foundation and Advisory Council liaison.
- Helps with website content management.
- Serves as human resources contact.
- Serves as budget contact.
- Serves as program liaison for the Departments of Nutrition, Environmental Sciences and Engineering and Maternal and Child Health, as well as the Public Health Leadership Program.
- Builds relationships with alumni and friends to increase understanding and support of the Gillings School's mission.
- Assists the Campaign Director with planning and data analysis in setting campaign goals, priorities and activities.
107D Rosenau Hall
- Serves as program liaison for the Departments of Biostatistics, Epidemiology, Health Policy and Management, and Health Behavior.
- Builds relationships with alumni and friends to increase understanding and support of the Gillings School’s mission
Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations
108 Rosenau Hall
- Fosters successful collaborations with corporations and foundations.
124 Rosenau Hall
- Coordinates and stewards gifts to the Gillings School.
107 Rosenau Hall
- Serves as assistant to the associate dean for advancement.
- Helps manage office operations and calendaring.
- Assists development directors with managing travel and appointments.
- Handles alumni and student giving and engagement programming.
- Serves as liaison for alumni programs and the Alumni Association.
- Builds relationships with alumni and friends to increase understanding and support of the Gillings School’s mission.
- Develops the pipeline for future supporters of the School.
- Handles appeals, programs and recognition for annual unrestricted giving to the Gillings School and its departments.
- Serves as liaison for alumni relations and the Alumni Association.