Our Gillings Virtual Student Engagement page contains resources and events from the Gillings School, UNC and the community.
If you cannot find what you need here, please contact Student Affairs at (919) 966-2499 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The UNC Gillings School of Global Public Health is committed both to taking appropriate actions to optimize every student’s experience at the Gillings School and also to respond to students’ concerns about academic issues. We are committed to addressing issues in a fair, timely and professional manner.
UNC resources for sharing feedback and getting help with concerns
- Carolina Student Legal Services
- The Graduate School
- UNC Ombuds Office
- Sexual misconduct, harassment and intimidation, and discrimination, UNC procedures
- Office of the Dean of Students
- The University Ombuds Office
Gillings School Resources
Academic Enrichment Program
The Gillings School of Global Public Health at UNC is committed to making sure students receive the academic enrichment needed to be successful. The Academic Enrichment Program strives to provide quality academic support in a group setting for students experiencing academic difficulty in entry-level BIOS, EPID and SPHG courses. Group tutoring sessions are held for each subject (BIOS / EPID / SPHG) area each week during the fall and spring semesters. For more information, view the Fall 2021 Academic Enrichment Program Schedule (PDF).
Becoming a Tutor
Any student interested in tutoring through the Academic Enrichment Program must have received an H in the course they wish to tutor or they must have taken a higher level course in the same subject earning an H. This grade will be verified by Student Affairs.
Add/Drop, Post Semester, and Intra Forms
The Gillings School Office of Student Affairs works closely with the University Registrar to ensure students are able to navigate add/drop requests, post semester and Intra transfer requests. The Gillings School follows the UNC Academic Calendar for all requests. Please also see Rules on Course Drops from the Registrar’s Office. We have provided forms that are fillable and can be emailed to the Gillings Registrar, Daniel Collins, for signature. Further questions can be directed to the Director of Student Services, Dr. Greg Bocchino.
IPE – Interprofessional Education Resources
“Interprofessional education occurs when students from two or more professions learn about, from, and with each other to enable effective collaboration and improve health outcomes. Once students understand how to work interprofessionally, they are ready to enter the workplace as a member of the collaborative practice team. This is a key step in moving health systems from fragmentation to a position of strength.”
- Academic Advising Program
- Academic Support Program for Student Athletes
- Accessibility Resources and Services
- Biology Peer Mentoring Program
- The Center for Student Success and Academic Counseling
- The Graduate School
- Health Sciences Library
- Honors Carolina
- The Learning Center
- Math Help Center
- Pre-Professional and Pre-Graduate Advising
- Rules on Course Drops
- Study Abroad
- UNC Academic Calendar
- Undergraduate Research
- University Libraries
- University Registrar
- The Writing Center
How to Reserve a Room:
- Gillings School Students, Faculty and Staff
- Non-Gillings School Students, Faculty and Staff
- Reserve Event Space in Gillings School
Room Reservations: Book your reservation using one of the options above. If you have questions, contact Student Affairs at email@example.com.
Our School has numerous spaces in which faculty, staff, students and others may host classes, seminars, meetings and other events or programs. We also provide audiovisual and other teaching and event support services.
Student Affairs will confirm all requests and send a confirmation. Same day requests are no longer accepted. You must book your room 1-2 business days in advance. Requests for meetings, events, or programs will not be confirmed until classes have been scheduled for that semester (April 15 for fall semester reservations and November 15 for spring semester reservations). Also, note that department conference rooms must be confirmed via the appropriate department.
Audiovisual Equipment: Contact AV Services, firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 966-6536.
Please contact Brent Wishart in the Gillings Facilities Office as soon as possible if your meeting, event or program requires the following:
- Tables (including table cloths)
- Extra chairs
- The removal or rearranging of furniture
- Atrium display cases
- Security access to the building outside of regular work hours (including on weekends)
- Housekeeping or cleaning services
- Extra large banners
If you plan to serve food or refreshments, you will be responsible for setting up and cleaning the space. If the room needs to be rearranged for your event, please restore it to the original condition before leaving.
Schoolwide Funding and Other Opportunities
For Student Organizations
- GPSF Emergency Fund
- Office of the University Cashier
- SPH Emergency Relief Fund
- UNC Student Emergency Fund
Diversity and inclusion are central to our mission to improve public health, promote individual well-being and eliminate health disparities across North Carolina and around the world.
Gillings Diversity Resources
- Diversity Outreach, Recruitment and Programs
- UNC Program on Ethnicity, Culture and Health Outcomes (ECHO)
- Minority Health Project
UNC-Chapel Hill Diversity Resources
- UNC Equal Opportunity and Compliance Office
- Sonja Haynes Stone Center for Black Culture and History
- University Office for Diversity and Inclusion at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Carolina Women’s Center
- Diversity and Student Success Program
- Institute of African American Research
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer Center
- Student Veterans Resources
- Alcohol and other drug use at UNC
- Alert Carolina
- Americans with Disabilities Act information
- Carolina Campus Recreation
- Carolina Cupboard
- Campus Health Services
- Counseling and Psychological Services
- Health insurance
- Lactation rooms
- LiveSafe App
- Rosenau Mothers’ Room
- Support Animals
- Department of Public Safety
Resources for parents
- Student-Parent Resources
- Carolina Women’s Center – Parenting at UNC
- The LGBTQ Center – Family Support Services
- Embark Carolina – Student Parents
Student organizations may use the copier located in Student Affairs to generate publicity and other event materials. Occasionally, they may use office supplies. Copies are free of charge. Please adhere to the following copying guidelines:
- Bring original copy to OSA or Email flyers to SPH OSA. A time will be arranged for pick up
- 250 front to back copies per year. Color copies allowed.
- Services may not be available if staff is unable to assist students
- No brochures or manuals
- Colored paper can be used when available