This page offers important resources for current students at the Gillings School. If you cannot find what you need here, please contact the Office of Student Affairs at (919) 966-2499 or

Academic Support | Room Reservations | Funding | Diversity Resources | Wellness and Safety Resources | Concerns | Copies and Printing

Academic Support

Gillings School Resources
University Resources
Academic Enrichment Program
The Gillings School of Global Public Health at UNC is committed to making sure students receive the academic enrichment needed to be successful. The Academic Enrichment Program strives to provide quality academic support in a group setting for students experiencing academic difficulty in entry level BIOS, EPID and SPHG courses. Group tutoring sessions are held for each subject (BIOS / EPID / SPHG) area each week during the fall and spring semesters. For more information, view the Fall 2018 Academic Enrichment Program Schedule.
Becoming a Tutor
Any student interested in tutoring through the Academic Enrichment Program must have received an H in the course they wish to tutor or they must have taken a higher level course in the same subject earning an H. This grade will be verified by the Gillings School Office of Student Affairs.
Apply now to become a tutor Submit Academic Reference form to faculty
IPE - Interprofessional Education Resources “Interprofessional education occurs when students from two or more professions learn about, from, and with each other to enable effective collaboration and improve health outcomes. Once students understand how to work interprofessionally, they are ready to enter the workplace as a member of the collaborative practice team. This is a key step in moving health systems from fragmentation to a position of strength.”  

Reserve a Room or Audiovisual Equipment

The Instructional Media Services (IMS) group provides audiovisual support for the Gillings School of Global Public Health.

How to Reserve a Room:

Room Reservations: Book your reservation using one of the options above. If you have questions, contact the Office of Student Affairs at

Our School has numerous spaces in which faculty, staff, students and others may host classes, seminars, meetings and other events or programs. We also provide audiovisual and other teaching and event support services.

The Office of Student Affairs will confirm all requests and send a confirmation. Same day requests are no longer accepted. You must book your room 1-2 business days in advance. Requests for meetings, events, or programs will not be confirmed until classes have been scheduled for that semester (April 15 for fall semester reservations and November 15 for spring semester reservations). Also note that department conference rooms must be confirmed via the appropriate department.

Audiovisual Equipment: Contact AV Services,, or call 966-6536.

Facilities Services

Please contact Brent Wishart in the Gillings Facilities Office as soon as possible if your meeting, event or program requires the following:

  • Tables (including table cloths)
  • Extra chairs
  • The removal or rearranging of furniture
  • Atrium display cases
  • Security access to the building outside of regular work hours (including on weekends)
  • Housekeeping or cleaning services
  • Extra large banners

If you plan to serve food or refreshments, you will be responsible for setting up and cleaning the space. If the room needs to be rearranged for your event, please restore it to the original condition before leaving.

Funding Sources

Schoolwide Funding and Other Opportunities

For Student Organizations

Emergency Funding

Diversity Resources

Diversity and inclusion are central to our mission to improve public health, promote individual well-being and eliminate health disparities across North Carolina and around the world.

Gillings Diversity Resources

UNC-Chapel Hill Diversity Resources

Wellness and Safety Resources

Resources for parents


The UNC Gillings School of Global Public Health is committed both to taking appropriate actions to optimize every student’s experience at the Gillings School and also to respond to students’ concerns about academic issues. We are committed to address issues in a fair, timely and professional manner.

UNC resources for sharing feedback and getting help with concerns

Copies and Supplies

Student organizations may use the Office of Student Affairs copier to generate publicity and other event materials. Occasionally, they may use office supplies. Copies are free of charge. Please adhere to the following copying guidelines:

  • Bring original copy to OSA or Email flyers to Natiaya Neal.  A time will be arranged for pick up
  • 200 black and white/front to back copies per year. NO color copies
  • Services may not be available if staff is unable to assist students
  • No brochures or manuals
  • Colored paper can be used when available

Poster printing PDF (for current Gillings School students only)

Gillings School of Global Public Health offers poster printing for SPH students. The poster printer may be used by appointment and is specific to students printing posters for classes or conferences only. Unfortunately, the Office of Student Affairs cannot accommodate all print requests, so please plan in advance.

Sign Up for Poster Printing

Poster printer policies

  1. Poster printing is by appointment only. Students can sign up by following the Gillings Poster Printer Instructions.  Please do not call to make appointments.
  2. You must be a current, matriculated student in order to sign up. Post-docs and graduates must utilize FedEx Services, the Health Sciences Library or the Student Union for poster printer services.
  3. One person can print at a time (one representative per group). The poster printer is attached to a “standing” desk in 264 Rosenau Hall.
  4. Use a white background for your poster. Do not use dark solid color or picture for your background. We need to conserve as much ink as possible. The directions (PDF) can be found here.
  5. The maximum poster size is 54″ x 36.” Set the “Page Settings” to reflect these dimensions before creating your poster. Rescaling is not recommended.
  6. No reprints are permitted during a time slot. You must sign up for a new one if you need to reprint.
  7. If you are more than 15 minutes late to your poster printing appointment then you forfeit your appointment slot.

Recent News