In addition to this partial list of funding opportunities, the Graduate School offers more information about fellowships and funding.
International Students: Unless you have written confirmation from the School or University, you will not receive funding and should plan on financing your study in the U.S. as you have indicated on your Graduate Student Financial Certificate Form through the Office of International Student and Scholar Services.
Online Students: MPH@UNC students that receive fellowship offers will be notified by their MPH@UNC admissions counselor. Fellowships are merit based and awarded at the time of admission or soon after. Please contact your admissions counselor if you have additional questions about the fellowship process.
Funding awarded for talent, academic achievement or other criteria specified by a donor. Awards may be based on merit or financial need.
- Gillings School scholarships/awards
- Graduate Student Tuition Support
- Graduate School Awards
- Graduate Student Fellowships and Funding
- OSA Career Services Fellowship Listings
- NCPHA Public Health Scholarships
- Rotary Peace Fellowship
- Dean's Distinguished Dissertation Award
- DAAD Research Grant and Study Scholarship
- Dolores Z. Liebmann Fellowship
- Impact and Horizon Award
- Carolina Center for Public Service
- Carolina Population Center
- Global Health Internships and Funding
Funding awarded for merit, research or other criteria specified by a donor or department.
Visit the Handshake portal to view job and internship postings and on-campus recruitment opportunities.
Money borrowed from federal, university or private sources that require repayment.
Visit the links below for more information about research and funding opportunities.
Visit the links below for more information about teaching and funding opportunities.
Visit the links below to apply for current opportunities offered outside of the university.
- Fulbright-Fogarty Fellows in Public Health
- Woodrow Wilson Dissertation Fellowship in Women's Studies
- Human Vaccines Project - Michaelson Prize
- AAUW American Fellowship
- Smithsonian Institution Fellowship Program
- P.E.O. Scholar Award
- CDC Public Health Fellowships
- ASPPH Fellowships
- Horowitz Foundation for Social Policy
- Margaret E. Mahoney Fellowships in Health Policy
- Environmental Fellows Program
- Epi Scholars Program
- HRTP Internship Program
- Paul Ambrose Scholars Program
- ETS Internship, Fellowship and Visiting Scholar Program
- Health Policy Research Scholars Program
- HRSA Scholarships
- ASN Predoctoral Fellowships
- Feeding Tomorrow Graduate Scholarships