Students receive financial support through service and non-service scholarships, teaching and research assistantships, and other compensated positions. Students also may receive support through federal student loans.
Scholarships may come from the University, The Graduate School, the Gillings School, individual departments or external funders.
How to Apply for Financial Aid:
- Step 1: Complete the paperwork.
To qualify for most funding sources, all students (including online learners) must apply for financial aid through UNC’s Office of Scholarships and Student Aid (OSSA). Apply for financial aid regardless of need to ensure that you are eligible for as many opportunities as possible. All aid distributed through the Office of Scholarships and Student Aid (even merit-related awards) requires the submission of a FAFSA form.
- Step 2: Check with the student services staff member who supports your program.
You may need to complete additional financial forms for department-sponsored scholarships and assistance.
- Step 3: Departments submit funding award nominations.
Your home department will select a number of applicants (based on merit or a combination of merit and need) for funding from the UNC Graduate School and the Gillings School of Global Public Health.
Types of Financial Aid
- Activity: Yoga November 16 @ 12:15 pm - 12:45 pm
- NORA Interdisciplinary Seminar: Hired Child Farmworkers November 16 @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
- Activity: Yoga November 19 @ 11:30 am - 12:00 pm