Register for Classes
Once you accept your admissions offer, you will be assigned a registration time on ConnectCarolina. When the registration time arrives, plan your class schedule and register for classes. Each degree program will have various required classes for each semester. Visit your degree’s webpage or contact your academic coordinator with any questions.
Welcome Events and Orientation
The Gillings School offers several welcome events and orientations. Please visit the Welcome Events page for more information.
Life in Chapel Hill
Chapel Hill, and the greater Triangle area, is consistently ranked as one of the best places to live and work. Our town is walkable, eclectic, safe, affordable, diverse and green. Our students love the temperate weather and the easy access to activities in the Triangle, on the coast and in the mountains. Visit the Life in Chapel Hill page for more information on housing, transportation, and other Chapel Hill resources.
Contact the University Office of Accessibility Resources and Service to discuss appropriate accommodations and resources/services as they relate to academics, residences, dining and co and extra-curricular campus activities.
University Honor Code
Review the University Honor Code: This commitment to academic integrity, ethical behavior, personal responsibility and civil discourse exemplifies the “Carolina Way”, and this commitment is codified in both the University’s Honor Code and in other University student conduct-related policies.
Maps and Directions
The Gillings School of Global Public Health is located in Rosenau Hall, McGavran-Greenberg Hall and the Michael Hooker Research Center on 135 Dauer Drive on the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill campus. Driving directions to the School, along with appropriate contact information, are located on the Maps and Directions page. If you are planning a trip to UNC-Chapel Hill, you may also wish to visit the University visitor information site or view the University campus maps.
FAQs and Links of Interest
- Academic Advising Questions/Credit Hours Questions (PDF)
- Academic Coordinator/Who is my Academic Coordinator? (PDF)
- Accommodations and Special Needs: Accessibility Resources and Service
- COVID-19 Research at Gillings: Seminars and Articles
- Diversity and Student Success programs in the Grad School
- Establishing Residency in NC
- Financial Aid: Departmental Funding Questions
- Financial Aid: General Questions / Jenna Keith
- Financial Aid: Tuition Deferments
- Gillings School Building Access Information
- Gillings School Newsletter – join the email group
- Jobs for Gillings School Students
- OneCard Office
- Parking / Bus Pass Questions
- Student Health Insurance Questions
- Student Support at Gillings/Virtual Student Engagement
- Tour Gillings – Virtual Tour of common spaces, classrooms and conference rooms (YouTube)
- UNC Academic Calendar (PDF)