Our Centrally-Managed Classrooms
The following classroom spaces — located in the Michael Hooker Research Center, Rosenau Hall and McGavran-Greenberg Hall — are managed centrally through a collaboration of the following Gillings support staff:
- Office of Student Affairs (OSA): email@example.com
- Instructional Media Services (IMS): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facilities: email@example.com
Joan Heckler Gillings Auditorium (133 Rosenau Hall)
228 Rosenau Hall
235 Rosenau Hall
1304 McGavran-Greenberg Hall
2306 McGavran-Greenberg Hall
2308 McGavran-Greenberg Hall
230 Rosenau Hall (The Fred Mayes Center)
0003/0004 Michael Hooker Research Center
2301 McGavran-Greenberg Hall
1305 McGavran-Greenberg Hall
2305 McGavran-Greenberg Hall
2302 McGavran-Greenberg Hall
2303 McGavran-Greenberg Hall
1303 McGavran-Greenberg Hall
2304 McGavran-Greenberg Hall
1302 McGavran-Greenberg Hall
Technology in Centrally-Managed Classroom Spaces
The following is a list of basic classroom equipment items included in ALL classrooms managed by Gillings Instructional Media Services. For a listing of remote conferencing technology available in the classrooms, please visit our Remote Conferencing Technology page.
- Control Panel (touch screen or wall mounted)
- Ceiling-mounted LCD Projector(s)
- Projection Screen(s)
- Desktop Computer with the Following Programs or Applications: Windows 10; Microsoft Office Suite; Adobe Acrobat Reader DC; Adobe Air; Adobe Flash Player (Firefox) ; Alertus Desktop Client (Alert Carolina); ArcGIS; Citrix (for UNC VL); Epi Info 7; Google Chrome; iTunes; Java; Lenovo System Update; Mozilla Firefox; Office Pro 2016; Poll Everywhere add-in (PowerPoint); R Software; SAS; Skype; VLC Player; Zoom
- Wireless Keyboard and Mouse
- Cable Connections (HDMI, Mini-Display port adapter) to display laptop computer devices
- Blu-Ray/DVD Player
- Cameras for Remote Conference (webcam or ceiling mounted)
- Microphone(s) for remote conference/room amplification (ceiling mounted, podium, or clip-on)
- Room Audio Speakers
- PowerPoint Remote
Additional equipment can be reserved through Gillings Instructional Media Services by completing the AV Reservation Form. Contact Instructional Media Services at (919) 966-6536 or firstname.lastname@example.org for any additional questions.
For requests or inquiries about the physical classroom elements (i.e., chalkboard, chairs, window blinds, etc.), please contact Brent Wishart at email@example.com or (919) 843-8101.
If you plan to serve food or refreshments, you will be responsible for the set-up and clean-up of the space. If the room is rearranged for your event, please restore it to its original condition before leaving.
September 21, 2023 New research conducted by the UNC Gillings School of Global Public Health and the Cleveland Clinic shows that ritonavir-boosted nirmatrelvir (Paxlovid) and molnupiravir (Lagevrio) substantially reduced COVID-19 hospitalization and death among high-risk patients, even against the most recent Omicron subvariants BQ.1.1 and XBB.1.5.