Make the most of your time at Gillings.
Read on for essential information about:
- Life at UNC, including diversity resources and health and safety resources;
- Addressing concerns you may have, such as problems with fellow students, ways to resolve faculty/student challenges, and more;
- Academics, including course-related forms and procedures, professional development opportunities and more;
- Global interests such as looking for an internship;
- Schoolwide awards and honors; and
- Graduation and commencement info.
Events and announcements
Stay up-to-date by visiting the Gillings School’s Events and Announcements page.
Getting involved at the School is easy. We have more than 20 active student organizations focused upon global issues, diversity initiatives, community advocacy and healthy lifestyles. Our student organizations sponsor a number of entertaining and informative events. Current students receive a weekly e-newsletter from our office that informs them of numerous opportunities at School and around campus.
Reserve a Room
Gillings School Student Government Association
The UNC Gillings School of Global Public Health Student Government Association is an organization of public health student leaders spanning all departments in the School of Public Health. Its mission is to disseminate information, support student-initiated projects, coordinate schoolwide events and represent the concerns of public health students to the faculty, staff and university community.
- Public health careers
- Revising your resume or C.V.
- Public health career resources
Each year, outstanding Gillings School students receive awards, scholarships and other honors recognizing their excellence in teaching, research and service or supporting their professional development. Visit the Awards page to learn more.
The Announcements form allows you to submit an event or announcement (use the Student listserv for student-only information and the SPH listserv for schoolwide information.)
The School has numerous spaces in which faculty, staff, students and others may host classes, seminars, meetings, and other events or programs. Read more on the Room and A/V Reservations page.