These grants provide critical support for our pre-doctoral students and postdoctoral scholars. To alleviate the administrative burden for managing these long-standing institutional awards, Gillings is providing the following resources for grant preparation.
Resources to assist with the application to NIH T32 Programs
NIH Parent Announcement for Ruth L. Kirschstein National Research Service Award (NRSA) Institutional Research Training Grant (Parent T32)
Table of IC-Specific Information, Requirements and Staff Contacts (please note that this page has not been updated to reflect the new parent announcement).
School of Medicine’s Grant Assistance resource page, which included Training Grant related materials
T32 Data Tables
Resources to assist with the creation of data tables
The following data dictionaries have been developed by Gillings T32 working group. These documents provide guidance and definitions for the required T32 tables. The documents are hosted on SharePoint and you will need a UNC ONYEN to access them. Please note the date on each document to ensure this information is up to date with current NIH guidelines.
- Table 1. Census of Participating Departments or Interdepartmental Programs
- Table 2. Participating Faculty Members
- Table 3. Federal Institutional Research Training Grants and Related Support Available to Participating Faculty Members
- Table 4. Research Support of Participating Faculty Member
- Table 5. Publications of Those in Training: Predoctoral
- Table 6A. Applicants, Entrants, and their Characteristics for the Past Five Years: Predoctoral
- Table 6B. Applicants, Entrants, and their Characteristics for the Past Five Years: Postdoctoral
- Table 7. Appointments to the Training Grant for Each Year of the Current Project Period (Renewal/Revision Applications only)
- Table 8A. Program Outcomes: Predoctoral
- Table 8C. Program Outcomes: Postdoctoral
In collaboration with Gillings Strategic Analysis and Business Intelligence (SABI) , we have created the tableau dashboards to automate the data for the following data tables (check back for updates):
T32 Grant Timeline Highlights:
- 6 months Prior to Deadline: Determine Evaluation Needs
- 5 months Prior to Deadline: Mentor List Complete
- 3 months Prior to Deadline: Data tables Complete
- 2 months Prior to Deadline: Biosketches and Letters of Support Complete
- 1 month Prior to Deadline: Hold mock Panel
Institutional Letter of Support
Gillings templates for Institutional LOS template (coming soon)
For more information about program evaluation, please visit the T32 Program Evaluation Resources site that was developed by a multidisciplinary team from UNC.
If you have any questions about the material provided on this site, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org