Departmental resources for current students are available here.
- Program Guidelines, Manuals and Forms
- Office of Professional Development and Career Services
- Jobs listings (A password is required to access some areas on the Jobs page: contact Cathy Padgett, 919-966-7390 or Cathy_Padgett@unc.edu
HPM Student Groups
Executive Advisory Committee Student Members
The Executive Advisory Committee advises the Chair about: 1) issues across faculty ranks and tracks, educational programs, and committees; 2) budget and resource allocation, and 3) strategic and operational issues. The membership consists of the Department Chair, Associate Chair(s), Directors of our academic programs, Director of HPM Office of Student Life and Alumni Relations, HPM Business Manager; Academic Coordinators, at-large faculty members appointed by the Chair for 3-year terms; one student each representing our undergraduate, masters, and doctoral degrees (3 total), student program assistant supporting the Faculty Equity Collaborative. Faculty are voting members.
The committee meets twice monthly for 60-90 minutes. Time commitment totals 3-4 hours/month (two 60-minute meetings/month plus 1-2 hours/month outside meetings).
Student representatives, 2022-2023
Doctoral: Karl Johnson
Undergraduate: Phoebe Pak
DEI: Aaron Carpenter
Faculty Meeting Student Representatives
Executive Doctoral: Evelyn Abayaah-Issah, MS
Undergraduate: Emma Nipp
DEI: Aaron Carpenter
Healthcare Executives Student Association (HESA)
Healthcare Executives Student Association, an affiliate of the American College of Healthcare Executives, the Medical Group Management Association, and the Healthcare Financial Management Association
This organization provides diverse opportunities for personal, professional and leadership development to prepare students for success in the healthcare industry.
- VP of Internal Relations: Olivia Candela
- Director of Professional Development: Rexx Hallyburton
- Director of External Relations: Jonah Moon
- Director of Membership Development: Macy Blake
- Director of Finance: Sonia Vasa
- Director of Business Development: Cecilia Yu
- Director of Alumni Relations: Sean Amiel
- Undergraduate Representative: Yuliza Pena Hernandez
AcademyHealth, UNC Student Chapter
The mission of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Student Chapter of AcademyHealth is to establish a student organization associated with the Academy to promote and facilitate the professional development of students interested in all aspects of health services research and health policy.
Master’s Student Council
Health Policy and Management Master’s Student Council
HPM Master’s Student Council is an organization composed of students, for students, and therefore to be effective requires participation and commitment by students. Student Council provides an excellent way to get involved with other students, faculty, professionals, and members of the UNC-Chapel Hill community. It comprises a number of different committees including Academic Standards, Fundraising/Social, Community Service, Orientation, Admissions, and Professional Development.
- Vice President: Janvi Patel
- Social/ Orientation Chairs: Austin Harllee, Isabella Victoria
- Community Service Chair: Hannah Blumenfeld
- Finance/Roast Chair: Sonia Vasa
Women in Healthcare Leadership
UNC Institute for Healthcare Improvement Open School Chapter
The purpose of the Open School is “to provide a collaborative venue for professional health sciences students to gain fundamental knowledge and skills in healthcare quality and process improvement.”
Office of Student Affairs
Contact your academic coordinator.