North Carolina Institute for Public Health
NCIPH recently hosted a series of NC Local Health Department Accreditation program trainings in collaboration with AHECs across the state. These two-day trainings, titled Achieving Success with Accreditation: What Every Health Department Needs to Know, were held in Boone, Raleigh, and Greenville, and drew 168 participants from 77 local health departments.
The North Carolina Institute for Public Health puts public health in action.
Our mission is to deliver training, conduct research and provide technical assistance to transform the practice of public health for all. NCIPH works with our partners to:
- conduct training and education for the public health workforce;
- collaborate on technical assistance, research and evaluation projects;
- translate research to practice;
- publish and present scholarly practice-based work; and
- link students to research projects and practica.
Putting evidence in action for cancer prevention and control
NCIPH training staff Avia Mainor and Kasey Decosimo assisted in the coordination and delivery of Evidence in Action, a train-the-trainer pilot adapted for the American Cancer Society. Read more.
View Previous Spotlight Articles