North Carolina Institute for Public Health
The North Carolina Institute for Public Health puts public health in action.
Our mission is to deliver training, conduct research and provide technical assistance to transform the practice of public health for all. NCIPH works with our partners to:
- conduct training and education for the public health workforce;
- collaborate on technical assistance, research and evaluation projects;
- translate research to practice;
- publish and present scholarly practice-based work; and
- link students to research projects and practica.
Public Health Surveying – Right at Your Door
Community health assessments are invaluable for mapping and analyzing public health needs across a population. NICPH’s Collect Smart technology utilizes Community Assessment for Public Health Emergency Response (CASPER), a tool that produces the best results in emergency data collection as well as routine CHAs. What’s the secret? Whereas other methods utilize phone calls or online surveys, our strategy calls for direct door-to-door surveying. Read more.