North Carolina Institute for Public Health
Bud Harrelson of the UNC School of Education presents how school nurses can ally with and advocate for LGBTQ students during a plenary session at the 34th annual School Nurses Conference held in Greensboro, NC. Sponsored by NCIPH, this year’s conference featured compelling speakers and diverse breakout sessions to support nurses’ individual practices and needs.
The North Carolina Institute for Public Health puts public health in action.
Our mission is to deliver training, conduct research and provide technical assistance to transform the practice of public health for all. NCIPH works with our partners to:
- conduct training and education for the public health workforce;
- collaborate on technical assistance, research and evaluation projects;
- translate research to practice;
- publish and present scholarly practice-based work; and
- link students to research projects and practica.
Putting evidence in action for cancer prevention and control
NCIPH training staff Avia Mainor and Kasey Decosimo assisted in the coordination and delivery of Evidence in Action, a train-the-trainer pilot adapted for the American Cancer Society. Read more.
View Previous Spotlight Articles