North Carolina Institute for Public Health
The North Carolina Institute for Public Health puts public health in action.
Our mission is to deliver training, conduct research and provide technical assistance to transform the practice of public health for all. NCIPH works with our partners to:
- conduct training and education for the public health workforce;
- collaborate on technical assistance, research and evaluation projects;
- translate research to practice;
- publish and present scholarly practice-based work; and
- link students to research projects and practica.
6 year PERRC project ends with a flourish!
The North Carolina Preparedness and Emergency Response Research Center was funded from 2008 to 2014 to strengthen preparedness systems. In December the project published 3 articles in the Public Health Reports Supplement and launched the Beneficial Practices for Improving Biosurveillance Toolkit.