North Carolina Institute for Public Health
The North Carolina Institute for Public Health puts public health in action.
Our mission is to deliver training, conduct research and provide technical assistance to transform the practice of public health for all. NCIPH works with our partners to:
- conduct training and education for the public health workforce;
- collaborate on technical assistance, research and evaluation projects;
- translate research to practice;
- publish and present scholarly practice-based work; and
- link students to research projects and practica.
Collaboration is Critical
NCIPH partner, Dr. Alisahah Cole of Carolinas HealthCare System, discusses the social determinants of health work in an Invited Commentary in the North Carolina Medical Journal. “Providers ought to address social determinants of health and, more and more are joining community partnerships to do so. Read the article.