North Carolina Institute for Public Health
The North Carolina Institute for Public Health puts public health in action.
Our mission is to deliver training, conduct research and provide technical assistance to transform the practice of public health for all. NCIPH works with our partners to:
- conduct training and education for the public health workforce;
- collaborate on technical assistance, research and evaluation projects;
- translate research to practice;
- publish and present scholarly practice-based work; and
- link students to research projects and practica.
Kresge Foundation Emerging Leaders in Public Health
The Kresge Foundation has announced the 40 public health leaders who will work to transform the role of local public health departments in their communities as part of the second cohort of the Emerging Leaders in Public Health initiative. During the 18-month program, the leaders will participate in an action-oriented program focused on the design and implementation of a transformative concept that shifts or expands the role of their local department. Each team will receive a resource grant as well as coaching and technical assistance to evolve their ideas into action. NCIPH is serving as the National Program Office for this program. Read more about the cohort on Kresge’s website.