North Carolina Institute for Public Health
The North Carolina Institute for Public Health puts public health in action.
Our mission is to deliver training, conduct research and provide technical assistance to transform the practice of public health for all. NCIPH works with our partners to:
- conduct training and education for the public health workforce;
- collaborate on technical assistance, research and evaluation projects;
- translate research to practice;
- publish and present scholarly practice-based work; and
- link students to research projects and practica.
Continuing Education Courses for face-to-face and cohort-based programs
NCIPH Training Website for online trainings
On January 14, the UNC Preparedness and Emergency Responses Learning Center program at NCIPH partnered with the NC Public Health Preparedness and Response Branch Central Regional Office to host a Preparedness Coordinator 101 training in Pittsboro. Sixteen participants from local and state health departments and one healthcare system attended the orientation led by NCIPH staffer Kasey Decosimo. The training focused on the supporting infrastructure for public health preparedness at the federal and North Carolina state level, strategic planning to achieve public health preparedness capabilities, and key partners for local public health preparedness planning.