Ready to work with us? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn what we can do together!
Since 1999, the North Carolina Institute for Public Health (NCIPH) has served as a bridge between academia and public health practice partners including state and local public health agencies, healthcare and community organizations.
Although formally established in 1999, some of NCIPH’s core programs, particularly continuing education, began in the 1930s as a core function of public health at UNC-Chapel Hill.
With a mission to “bridge knowledge and expertise at UNC Gillings, by facilitating collaborative solutions to population health challenges in North Carolina and beyond,” NCIPH serves as a resource for public health professionals across the state, region and country.
NCIPH staff come from a diverse range of fields, including public health, medical sciences, GIS technology, and more. In 2009, NCIPH received the Partners in Public Health Distinguished Group Award from the North Carolina Public Health Association.
The North Carolina Institute for Public Health’s work is interdisciplinary and revolves around three core departments:
Workforce Training and Education
- NCIPH offers face-to-face courses, trainings and conferences for public health professionals.
- We maintain an extensive online training website with free e-learning modules.
- We also offer formal training in leadership development, business development, evidence-based public health, public health nursing and other topics.
Engagement and Collaboration
- Our highly-accomplished staff publishes and presents scholarly practice-based work.
- We link students to research projects and practica.
Community Assessment and Strategy
- We use cutting-edge methods and technology to implement community health assessments with local health departments and hospital systems.
- NCIPH serves as the administrator of the NC Local Health Department Accreditation Program on behalf of the NC Association of Local Health Directors.
- We provide data translation and innovative GIS and spatial mapping tools.
Collaboration is at the heart of NICPH’s work. As part of the UNC Gillings School of Global Public Health, we value our relationships within the Gillings School and with diverse organizations across North Carolina and the country. NCIPH is a member of the National Network of Public Health Institutes.
Our clients and collaborators include government agencies, foundations, and nonprofit organizations:
- The Kate B. Reynolds Charitable Trust
- The Kresge Foundation
- National Association of County and City Health Officials
- National Network of Public Health Institutes
- New Hanover Regional Medical Center
- North Carolina Accreditation Board
- North Carolina Area Health Education Centers
- North Carolina Association of Local Boards of Health
- North Carolina Association of Local Health Directors
- North Carolina Citizens for Public Health
- North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services, Division of Public Health
- North Carolina Public Health Association
- North Carolina Public Health Social Work Continuing Education and Training Advisory Committee
- Novant Health
Read the latest issue of Impact, our quarterly newsletter
Connect with NCIPH on LinkedIn