Our School has numerous spaces in which faculty, staff, students and others may host classes, seminars, meetings and other events or programs. We also provide audiovisual and other teaching and event support services. Review the Gillings School Guidelines for reserving rooms and utilizing event spaces in the school.
The Office of Student Affairs will confirm all requests and send a confirmation. Same day requests are no longer accepted. You must book your room 1-2 business days in advance. Requests for meetings, events, or programs will not be confirmed until classes have been scheduled for that semester (April 15 for fall semester reservations and November 15 for spring semester reservations). Also note that department conference rooms must be confirmed via the appropriate department.
How to Reserve a Room:
- Gillings School Students, Faculty and Staff
- Non-Gillings School Students, Faculty and Staff
- Reserve Event Space in Gillings School
These spaces are designed for classroom instruction, and feature permanently installed AV technology. More information about the specific equipment in each room and how to reserve these rooms can be found at: Classrooms
Conference spaces are designed with seating around a central table. They are available in several sizes, and with and without technology. Information on specific equipment and how to reserve these spaces can be found at: Conference spaces
Remote Conference Spaces The School has two dedicated spaces for remote conferencing using videoconferencing, web conferencing, or a combination of the two. Information about scheduling and use of these spaces can be found here: Remote Conferencing (Zoom)
Event and Special Spaces
The School has spaces for hosting of various events and spaces to help keep you fit, such as our new Walkfit stations. For more information on these spaces: Event and special spaces
- Tables (including table cloths)
- Extra chairs
- The removal or rearranging of furniture
- Atrium display cases
- Security access to the building outside of regular work hours (including on weekends)
- Housekeeping or cleaning services
- Extra large banners
If you plan to serve food or refreshments, you will be responsible for setting up and cleaning the space. If the room needs to be rearranged for your event, please restore it to the original condition before leaving.
- American Public Health Association Conference November 10 - November 14
- Introduction to Survey Weighting November 15 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
- Continuing Education Series: Foundations for Leadership November 15 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm