About This Training
This introductory, 30-minute training addresses how to establish clear agreements and professional boundaries with clients, as well as the implementation of other best-practice consultant strategies, such as using a problem-solving process.
This course was designed with public health nurse consultants in mind; however, the content may be applicable to anyone who serves in a consultant role within governmental public health.
As a result of this training, you will be able to:
- Describe strategies to establish and maintain professional boundaries within the role.
- Integrate problem-solving strategies for working with external partners.
- Recognize ways to maintain a manageable workload.
Access the Training
This digital content is available to participants at no charge. Recommended browsers for viewing include the latest versions of: Google Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge and Safari.
Open the online training module: Governmental Public Health Consultant Role.
Evaluation and Completion Certificate
You must complete and submit the post-training evaluation in order to receive a certificate of completion.
This course is jointly provided by:
- The North Carolina Division of Public Health at the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services.
- The North Carolina Institute for Public Health at the UNC Gillings School of Global Public Health.
Development of this course was supported through a contract to the North Carolina Institute for Public Health from the North Carolina Division of Public Health as part of the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) Public Health Workforce Development Initiative investment in North Carolina’s public health workforce.