Submit a ticket
Review our policy
To submit a Remedy Request for Service (Help Ticket) on-line please click here or on the image below.
Standard Operating Procedure
Epid IT Support Help Request
- Epidemiology normal support hours are: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm on business days.
- UNC’s Remedy software will be used for tracking all Epid IT Support requests. Faculty/staff/students should initiate all help tickets via Remedy
- The Remedy system automatically notifies Epid IT Support staff via email. Inbound tickets are triaged and addressed according to priority. Generally speaking, four factors are used to determine priority: 1) Business impact (e.g. Is critical work affected? How many people are affected? etc.), 2) Deadline requirement, 3) Ticket submitter. Faculty are given highest priority, followed by staff and students, and 4) Length of time the ticket has been open.
- The ticket is distributed to the Epid IT Support staff member based in the same geographic area and/or with the appropriate skill required. The IT Support supervisor receives automatic escalation notifications via email if the ticket is not acknowledged in a timely manner, and is responsible for reassigning the task accordingly.
- It is the intention of the Epid IT Support staff to resolve help ticket requests within 3 business days of submission. Tickets that remain in the queue after 3 business days will be acknowledged by updating the submitter via email with a time estimate of when the ticket can be addressed. Tickets that continue to remain in the queue beyond 1 week will receive weekly status updates to the submitter, unless a longer time estimate has already been communicated to the submitter.
- Ticket status will be kept up-to-date and maintained within Remedy. Users can check the status of their ticket by viewing their ticket log within Remedy. The submitter should also use Remedy to update their ticket details or to request an escalation of the priority.
- Tickets will be closed out within 1 business day of completing the task, thus ensuring the submitter receives an automatic notice of ticket closure from the Remedy system.
Epidemiology Department Information Security Guidelines (Based upon UNC Information Security Policies) Version 3/22/2011
Data Security Incident Management Plan (Epidemiology) Version: December 8, 2010
Shareware (Adobe Reader, TIM, VPN, etc.)
Software Acquisition (SAS & JMP license renewal, software purchases, etc.)
Web Development Services
Please review the Epidemiology Web Development Policy here before submitting a website development request.