Submit a Help Ticket
To submit a HELP request click here! But read the information below first.
Select the choice that allows you to log in with your Onyen.
You will arrive at a screen that will give you an opportunity to review your open & solved requests and allow you to create a New Request.
To submit a New Request click the New Request link. You will be directed to the New Request page. You may drop down the first choice to School of Public Health. You may then drop down the second choice to Epidemiology IT Support. Choose your support option, fill in the problem description and attach files, if necessary. You may then Submit the ticket.
Standard Operating Procedure
- Epidemiology normal support hours are: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. on business days.
- UNC’s Remedy software will be used for tracking all Epid IT Support requests. Faculty/staff/students should initiate all help tickets via Remedy
- The Remedy system automatically notifies Epid IT Support staff via email. Inbound tickets are triaged and addressed according to priority. Generally speaking, four factors are used to determine priority: 1) Business impact (e.g. Is critical work affected? How many people are affected? etc.), 2) Deadline requirement, 3) Ticket submitter. Faculty are given highest priority, followed by staff and students, and 4) Length of time the ticket has been open.
- The ticket is distributed to the Epid IT Support staff member based in the same geographic area and/or with the appropriate skill required. The IT Support supervisor receives automatic escalation notifications via email if the ticket is not acknowledged in a timely manner, and is responsible for reassigning the task accordingly.
- It is the intention of the Epid IT Support staff to resolve help ticket requests within 3 business days of submission. Tickets that remain in the queue after 3 business days will be acknowledged by updating the submitter via email with a time estimate of when the ticket can be addressed. Tickets that continue to remain in the queue beyond 1 week will receive weekly status updates to the submitter, unless a longer time estimate has already been communicated to the submitter.
- Ticket status will be kept up-to-date and maintained within Remedy. Users can check the status of their ticket by viewing their ticket log within Remedy. The submitter should also use Remedy to update their ticket details or to request an escalation of the priority.
- Tickets will be closed out within 1 business day of completing the task, thus ensuring the submitter receives an automatic notice of ticket closure from the Remedy system.
Epidemiology Department Information Security Guidelines (PDF) (Based upon UNC Information Security Policies.) Version 3/22/2011
Data Security Incident Management Plan (PDF) (Epidemiology) Version: December 8, 2010
Web development services
Please review the Epidemiology Web Development Policy (PDF) here before submitting a website development request.
Encrypting Cell Phones
Compacting Outlook data files (PDF)
Although you now access Qualtrics with your Onyen, your username is now PID#unc, for copying surveys.
The Odum Institute
UNC Help and Support
Department of Epidemiology
Gillings School of Global Public Health
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Campus Box #7435
Chapel Hill, NC 27599-7435
- Interdisciplinary Nutrition Sciences Symposium: Synergizing Animal and Human Obesity Research July 24 - July 25
- Data User Workshop: Add Health Parents Study August 13 - August 14
- UNC Water and Health Conference October 7 - October 11