Departmental resources for faculty are available here.
- Degree Program Application Review (requires Onyen authentication)
- Individual Development Plan Template
- EPID 992/994 Guidelines and Expectations
- Graduate School Handbook
- Degree Audit
- Faculty Handbook
- Faculty Handbook – Instruction Section (includes info on grading and honor system)
- Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act
- Center for Faculty Excellence
- Honor System
- Request Approval for a New Course
- Instructions for Online Classrolls
- Request a Curriculum Change
- Course Evaluations
- Assigning grades in Connect Carolina: A Step-by-Step Guide.
- Grading Policy for EPID 994 (dissertation), 992 (master’s paper), 910 (research) and 690-001 (Independent Study)
Policy for Crosslisting Courses
A cross-listed course is a single course offered collaboratively through two or more departments or programs. Each department shares responsibility for the course, and must contribute resources to the offering of the course. In addition, the course must be either team-taught by a faculty member from each department, or must be taught by a faculty member with a joint appointment in each department.
The course should have a clear and important place in each department’s curriculum, either filling a gap or strengthening the program without duplication or needless overlap. The subject matter of the course must draw from each discipline, but should be able to “stand alone” in each department. The course must be regularly offered (every other year at a minimum). The course must be offered at the same level in each department [e.g., 600 (undergrad or grad) vs 700 (graduate only)].
Policy memos from the chair of the department
To access the policy memos page, you will be directed to a Federated Login page. Enter your email address as email@example.com in only the username field and click Sign In. You will be redirected to a UNC login site where you will enter your Onyen password to access the Faculty Policy Memos page. Once on the site, to view a policy memo, click the icon of the document.
To learn more about the login process, click here.
Documents are available only to current faculty members.
Questions? Please contact the Department of Epidemiology.
- Insights into Understanding the Global Refugee Crisis September 19 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- Student Organizations and Activities Fair September 23 @ 11:00 am - 1:00 pm
- UNC Center for Environmental Health and Susceptibility Fall Symposium September 27 @ 10:00 am - 1:30 pm