MPH@UNC Support for Faculty
We support lead faculty developing MPH@UNC courses. In addition to the support our partner provides, we provide lead faculty with:
- Instructional design consultations
- Assistance breaking up content and developing assignments and assessments
- Basic project management
- Help loading content into Course Planner
- Templates, best practices, and guidance
Resources and Templates
- Syllabus Template (Word Document Format)
- MPH@UNC Slide Template (PowerPoint Format)
- Live Session Plan Tips and Template (Word Document Format)
- Guidance on process for specific Atrio (2U LMS) changes versus Sakai
- Course Build Overview: Word Doc Format | PowerPoint Slides
- Building a Course for MPH@UNC – FAQs (PDF Format)
- Creating and Importing Course Reserves (PDF Format)
- Iteration Process and Best Practices (PDF Format)
- VoiceThread Instructor Guide: Creating a Course Group for Sharing (PDF Format)
- VoiceThread Student Guide: Viewing and Sharing VoiceThreads (PDF Format)
- Assignment Scheduling Tool (Excel Format)
- Faculty Instructions for using ecree (SPHG 713 instructors only)
Questions? Want to set up a consult? Contact Aiya Williams – firstname.lastname@example.org.
2U Training Resources
The 2U Faculty Engagement & Development site provides online and live training sessions for faculty developers, including:
- Ask a faculty trainer (Schedule 30 min session)
- Course Planner Overview Training (Schedule 60 min session)
- Live Session Classroom Overview Training (Schedule 60 min session)
- Introduction to the Learning Platform Training (Schedule 45 min session)
- Live Session Plan Iteration (Schedule 45 minute session)
Questions about training or other 2U development support? Contact 2U Faculty Support – email@example.com.
See our Tips on Submitting a 2U Help Request document for more information (PDF Format).
Are you a section instructor also?
Your main point of contact is Kirsten Sorenson – firstname.lastname@example.org.
The 2U Faculty Engagement & Development site provides online resources and live training sessions for faculty developers who are also section instructors, including:
- Classroom reference guides
- Live Session Introduction (Schedule 30 min session)
- Live Session Navigation Training (Schedule 60 min session)
- Teaching Preparation Training (Schedule 45 min session)
- Gradebook Review (Schedule 30 min session)