Public health works to protect and promote the health of entire populations. Health policy and management (HPM) is a discipline within public health that examines the organization, financing and delivery of health services and works to promote equity, quality and accessibility of health services for individuals and populations.
Would you like to…
- improve individual and population health?
- advance health and health care equity?
- strengthen access to the resources needed to be healthy, including quality health care services?
- influence health policy, manage health programs or lead health organizations?
If so, then the BSPH program in Health Policy and Management may be right for you!
What are the key features of the BSPH program in HPM?
- Students generally apply during their sophomore year at UNC, and if admitted, begin coursework in the HPM major in their junior fall
- The program is small – we admit about 45 students per year
- Students go through the program as a cohort, which creates a strong sense of community
- We offer an applied, project-based curriculum that emphasizes collaboration and teamwork
- Students are supported by a dedicated faculty mentor, academic coordinator and career services coordinator
Contact our Academic Coordinator about the application process.
Specific questions regarding the program?
We also encourage you to contact the Program Director
Hear From Some of Our Class of 2022 Alumni
Hear From Some of Our Class of 2021 Alumni
- BSPH senior Ethan Phillips works with peers in student government to limit suicide contagion:
See the NPR story
- BSPH alum Ana Dodson is giving back through medicine: Discover Her Story
- BSPH senior Kartik Tyagi believes focusing on what brings us together is key: Read The Pivot
- HPM BSPH alum Ada Nwosu creates international development strategies that promote global health: Read More Here
- Anthony Sawyer
– Pediatric Anesthesiology
- Brittany Giles-Cantrell
– Public Health & Racial Equity
- Christopher Coughlin
– Behavioral Health
- Madhu Vulimiri
– Child and Family Wellbeing