Bachelor of Science in Public Health (BSPH)
BSPH In Pictures
HPM BSPH rising senior Michelle Ballasiotes works to educate others about pediatric stroke as a result of her own experiences. Read her story here.
BSPH 2014 alumna Taylor Henning has been named to Poets & Quants 2019 Best & Brightest MBAs list. Read more about Taylor here.
Meet Jessica Bell van der Wal, HPM BSPH 2006, who is the co-founder of VDB Consulting LLC.
The mission of the BSPH program in Health Policy and Management is to improve the health of individuals and communities and reduce health inequities in the U.S. and abroad by educating future health leaders, managers, policymakers, practitioners and researchers. Our graduates will excel in a broad range of positions and graduate and professional degree programs.
High quality, accessible, and affordable health systems that achieve optimal population health in North Carolina, the United States, and around the world.
Our students are interested in:
- Access to care: What can be done to improve access to health care for underserved populations?
- Health care quality and costs: How can we improve quality of care while also managing rising health care expenditures?
- Health disparities: What can we do to assure that everyone has the opportunity to attain their highest level of health?
- Health reform: In what ways will health reform change the future of U.S. health care?
- Public health: What can we do to prevent disease and injury and improve the health of populations?
- Global health: How do other countries deliver and finance health care and what can the U.S. learn from their successes and failures?
Learn more about our program:
- Review the BSPH program handout and this website
- Meet with our current BSPH Program Ambassadors
- Register for an online information session on June 22nd or July 15th at 5:30pm Eastern (when you submit your registration, the confirmation page will provide you with connection info)
- Contact Lynnette Jones, or our Program Director, Dr. Melanie Studer, with specific questions regarding the program and application process
- Program Competencies and Degree Requirements
- Connect with Our Students: The BSPH Program Ambassadors
- Frequently Asked Questions
- HPM BSPH Students Connie Longmate, Nick McKenzie, and Joyce Yao led an important summit recently at the Gillings School. Many Gillings students are interested in the intersections of poverty and health status and implications for improving health care and public health.