Culture of Health
All members of the UNC Gillings community are welcome to join!
Questions? Contact: email@example.com
Creating a culture of health is a continuous process and includes finding opportunities to ensure people have access to options that make it easier to live a healthy life.
During National Public Health Week (in April), we asked our students, faculty and staff to tell us how we can improve the culture of health at the Gillings School of Global Public Health. We are actively growing our initiative based on the responses.
Working toward a culture of health requires partnerships and collaboration. You can get involved by:
- Reading more about the launch of the initiative on Dean Rimer’s blog;
- Participating in the regularly-scheduled community activities listed at right;
- Encouraging your peers to use our employee and student health resources (PDFs);
- Sharing your knowledge and skills by leading healthy living classes or activities; and
- Experimenting with eight easy recipes for delicious, healthy snacks.
We hope you’ll join in on the challenge!
This interactive map displays recreation locations around the Triangle area (trails, parks, fitness centers, etc.).
See examples of the many ways the Gillings School community keeps fit in a photo essay from Carolina Public Health magazine.
Plan a walking meeting or take a short break with timed walking maps for routes around UNC Gillings (PDF) or check out the walking stations available in 132 Rosenau!