The Department of Health Behavior examines the ways in which social contexts and behaviors influence the health of populations.
We engage a cross-disciplinary approach to research, practice and education. Our faculty are at the forefront of research on domestic and global public health problems and students graduate with skill-sets for effecting positive change. See Health Behavior by the Numbers.
Our research strengths include:
- Adolescent health
- Community-based participatory research
- Early detection and management of disease
- Health communication
- Health disparity reduction
- HIV/AIDS prevention and control
- Obesity, diabetes and weight-related behaviors
- Tobacco control and regulation
- Violence prevention
- Worker and workplace health promotion
No upcoming events are scheduled at this time.
More at HB Events.
Roll out the red carpet! Award season is upon us and HBs are racking up the awards! Congrats to the following awardees:
Lindsay Moriarty – Triangle Business Journal’s 40 Under 40 Leadership Award
Ingrid Morris – Triangle Business Journal’s 40 Under 40 Leadership Award
Cara Person – John D. Butts Scholarship
Kea Turner – Student Undergraduate Teaching and Staff Awards (SUTASA)