Thank you for your interest in the Department of Health Behavior’s (HB) application process.
Enrollment for fall 2019
- public health service and programs
- advocacy and service experience in community, nonprofit and commercial settings
- clinical and nonclinical experience in health-care settings
- research in public health or social sciences
- global service, e.g., Peace Corps
- years-of-service programs, e.g., AmeriCorps and Teach For America
Some entering students hold degrees in social or behavioral sciences or health-related disciplines. Others have an educational background in liberal arts and some graduated from professional schools.
Steps to apply
1. Apply through SOPHAS. The SOPHAS application must be completed before it is possible to complete the second step. Note that the SOPHAS system lists UNC’s degrees in health behavior as “Behavioral and Social Science” in some instances. When SOPHAS uses this expression, it is referring to degrees in the Department of Health Behavior.
2. Apply through the UNC Graduate School. The individualized link created by the SOPHAS application must be in place in order to start the UNC Graduate School’s application.
Need more information?
- Apply to Gillings
- Tuition and Fees
- Funding and Awards
- SOPHAS fee waivers
- In-State (NC) Residency Memo 2014
- UNC Graduate School North Carolina Residency