Thank you for visiting the UNC Gillings School of Global Public Health, one of America’s top schools of public health and the top public school of public health. Check out the resources below to learn more about starting your journey at the Gillings School.
We are a community of engaged faculty, staff members and students who work with communities and across disciplines — in North Carolina and around the world — to solve some of our most challenging health problems. Students experience levels of support typically available only at a small school but enjoy all the advantages of a large, world-class university.
At the UNC Gillings School, we know we can make a world of difference, and we strive everyday to do just that.
Interested in a degree or program? Fill out a Prospective Student Inquiry Form.
2017 SOPHAS Graduate School Virtual Fairs
Prospective Gillings School students are invited to Virtual Fairs, which will be hosted by the Schools of Public Health Application Service (SOPHAS). You’ll have the chance to meet — live online — representatives from a number of public health schools. Registration information will be available at sophas.careereco.net.
Graduate Program Information Fairs
- Please register to meet representatives from the eight academic units, the Gillings Global Gateway and the Office of Student Affairs.
Upcoming Information Fairs:
Graduate Open House
- The schoolwide offices and departments invite prospective students to visit campus, learn more about our graduate degree programs and connect with current faculty, students and staff. Dates for 2017 will be announced soon. More information is available at the Graduate Open House page.
Undergraduate Open House
October 13th, 2017
- The School’s Office of Student Affairs welcomes undergraduate students and their families to meet with faculty, staff and students from our four undergraduate majors: Biostatistics, Environmental Health Science, Health Policy and Management and Nutrition. Join us for tours of the classrooms and labs, informal question and answer sessions and refreshments. More information is available online.
Departments at the Gillings School
- Environmental Sciences and Engineering
- Health Behavior
- Health Policy and Management
- Maternal and Child Health
- Public Health Leadership Program
Ready to apply? Visit our How to Apply page to learn what you need to know about the process.
International applicants will find additional information on our International Students page.
Update: If You’re Admitted and Enroll, We’ll Refund Your Graduate School Application Fee.
- Check your eligibility on the Reimbursement Statement (PDF).