Gillings School Leadership and Organizational Structure
Schoolwide administrative support services and interdepartmental functions are provided by centralized units (central administrative units) led by associate and assistant deans and directors. These leaders, as well as the chairs of the seven academic departments and the director of the Public Health Leadership Program, are identified on the organizational chart below. Together, these School leaders plus student leaders comprise the Dean’s Council. Links to web pages for all units follow the organizational chart. Each department also has its own organization and leadership.
PDF version of org chart for downloading or printing.
Unit web pages
Academics and Practice
- Academic Affairs
- Student Affairs
- Global Health/Gillings Global Gateway (GGG)
- Research/Research and Innovation Solutions (RIS)
- North Carolina Institute for Public Health
- Business and Administration
- Dean’s Office
- Diversity and Inclusion
Gillings School Student Leadership Organizations
External Advisory Boards and Committees
Individuals with substantial relevant experience who are committed to the School’s mission serve on our volunteer boards and many School committees, including the ones below.
- Members of the School of Public Health Advisory Council are key advisers to the Dean and leadership of the School, providing expert guidance in building strategies around future “big ideas” for even greater impact across North Carolina and around the world.
- The Alumni Association Board works with the School’s leadership and others to address issues of importance to alumni.
- The Board of Directors of the Public Health Foundation provides fiduciary oversight to the assets of the nonprofit foundation that manages the School’s charitable gifts.
- The External Advisory Committee advises SPH leaders about current and future directions for our academic and research programs.