Public Health Leadership Program
Message from the Director
"The Public Health Leadership Program offers a customized curriculum to meet the demands of busy practitioners in public health and medical care." Read more.
Anna P. Schenck, PhD, MSPH
Director and Professor of the Practice
The Public Health Leadership Program (PHLP) works to prepare public health practitioners for leadership positions by developing population-level knowledge and skills with an interdisciplinary emphasis.
Building upon varied professional experience, students learn collaboratively to assess community health needs, develop innovative policies and programs and assure that new systems are maintained and improved.
Our strengths include:
- Health politics and policy, health outcomes and models of care delivery;
- Screening and harms of screening, including overdiagnosis;
- Prevention and reduction of cardiovascular risks and disease;
- Integration of primary care and public health;
- Quality improvement;
- Hazards and protection of health care workers;
- Ethical issues in occupational health; and
- Public health systems and services research.