Sakai and Instructional Technology
Contact us for help with Sakai!
The Instructional Technology group supports Sakai and related instructional technologies for the faculty, staff and students in the school. We can help guide you through campus and school-supported technologies, and help determine the “why” and “when” of using technology for instruction. Get in touch with us using our Contact Us info, attend a workshop, or browse through our documentation or FAQs for an answer to your question.
We can advise and assist with Sakai and other tools, including VoiceThread, Blackboard Collaborate, Warpwire, Poll Everywhere, and more.
Fall 2017 Sites To Be Unpublished January 25th
The Sakai campus administrators are going to “unpublish” all Fall 2017 course sites on the 25th. Unpublishing prevents student access, but instructors can still see and access the site regardless.
If you’re an instructor who needs to provide continued student access to a Fall 2017 course site, you can simply republish the site after the 25th and it’ll stay published as long as you need it to.
We can provide consultation on a number of instructional technology subjects, including:
- Course design
- Effective and appropriate use of technology for instruction
- Active learning techniques
- Advanced ways to leverage Sakai
- Producing multimedia for your course using Adobe Presenter and other tools
- Effective group work online
- Solutions for video-hosting
Use the Contact Us information to request a consultation.
Training and Workshop Sessions
We provide regular training and workshop sessions on Sakai and other instructional technologies.
New workshops being scheduled for the spring semester: Sakai Basics and Designing Your Course with the Lessons Tool
Dates and times to be announced shortly. Let us know if you’re interested!
- Sakai Features and Demo Videos
- Sakai Community Documentation – includes help and information on all Sakai tools
- Sakai and Instructional Technology FAQs
- Durham Tech has created a series of demonstration videos for students on topics including taking tests, completing assignments, posting to forums, etc. See the full playlist of videos here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3ESQVo6gqY&list=PLpwpa82O9h3qlvn_Gdu70uV3A6N36EUn-
- More topics coming soon!
Links will open new windows
The Instructional Technology group includes: