Continuing Education: Introduction to Public Health in North Carolina (CE-INTR)
The North Carolina Institute for Public Health at the UNC Gillings School of Global Public Health offers a wide variety of continuing education programs, from face-to-face courses to online trainings. One of NCIPH’s goals is to strengthen the practice of health and human services professionals, research and educators through well-designed and targeted training programs. Please NCIPH’s catalog of courses for a full list of continuing education offerings.
Intro to PH in NC
No visits to campus, no fees, and no applications are required. Simply create an account and take the course here: http://unc.live/2e5V9sa. Introduces NC health department employees to their roles and responsibilities in providing public health services in their communities. Also covered are the sources of law that pertain to public health, the organization and scope of the public health infrastructure, and the challenges facing public health in NC and beyond. Students complete this program online.
~2.5 hrs to complete
rolling admissions See application details page for more info.
Designed as a component of a new- or recently-hired employee orientation for NC health departments
- Total Enrollment 1620
- Female 72%, Male 28%
- Underrepresented Minority Students 16.3%
- International 11%
Program Costs & Funding
- Tuition and fee information can be found on the University Cashier website.
- Compare the cost of living at UNC and surrounding areas with other comparison schools.
- Learn about the funding opportunities from the UNC Graduate School, the UNC Gillings Financial Aid page, and the UNC Office of Scholarship & Student Aid.
- GRE scores are neither required nor typically recommended for applicants to the Master of Public Health program.
- UNC Graduate School Institutional School Code: 5816
- International applicants must submit official TOEFL or IELTS standardized test scores.
School-wide: Incoming students had a mean undergraduate GPA of 3.5
Learn about opportunities to come to UNC Gillings to meet faculty, staff, and current students. If you are unable to come to campus – don’t worry – our representatives attend a variety of recruitment events around the United States as well as host virtual fairs and webinars.
During the Program
No comprehensive exams
The UNC Gillings School of Global Public Health strives to integrate global content and approaches across the School’s courses, programs and degrees. We believe that every student should emerge from our School with an understanding of global health issues. Some courses are focused largely on global issues, others are designed so that global and local issues are intertwined and some still are evolving. Learn more about these options.
NOTE: Continuing education students don’t have opportunity for global study outside courses comprising program.
After the Program
FYI: application review processMoreLess
SPH application review:
- No interview required.
- You will be notified via email regarding program decision.