Global News and Events
Keep up to date with the latest global health events, news, and student blogs at the Gillings School, North Carolina, and around the world.
This Week in Global Health is a weekly newsletter received by e-mail published by the Gillings Global Gateway™. It is a listing of international jobs, funding and internship opportunities, global health and international-themed events on campus, locally, and globally. Please note — as a member of the This Week in Global Healthlistserv you will receive only one email a week. This is intended to minimize email traffic on our global health listserv.
If you have an item to submit to be included in the newsletter, please send your announcement by Thursday each week to email@example.com
- “NonTB Mycobacteria,” Presented by Jason Stout, Duke. Friday, October 24, 8:30-9:30AM, 1131 Bioinformatics (1st floor auditorium), UNC-Chapel Hill
- “Global Day of Action,” Led by Partners in Health: Engage at UNC. Saturday, October 25, 4:00PM, Dey 307. Email Andrew McGee for inquiries.
- “Carolina for Kibera Fellowship Information Session,” Tuesday, October 28, 5:00PM, 1009 FedEx Global Education Center, UNC-Chapel Hill
- Global Health Conference – Advancing Global Health: Education, Building, and Support, November 10, Albert Einstein College of Medicine in NY
- Social Entrepreneurship Institute, December 5 (Early Registration Deadline October 15), Shubert Theater, New Haven, CT
- Nexus 2015: Water, Food, Climate, and Energy Conference, March 15-17, Chapel Hill, NC
- Consortium of Universities for Global Health, March 26-28, Sheraton Boston Hotel, Boston, MA
- Switchpoint: An IntraHealth Conference, April 23-24, Saxapahaw, NC
- 2015 Water Microbiology Conference, William and Ida Friday Center, Chapel Hill, NC
GlobeMed at UNC
*Views expressed in the blogs are of the student and not of the Gillings Global Gateway™/UNC Gillings School of Global Public Health
The Gillings School hosted the Ebola and Emerging Infectious Diseases Presentation and Panel Discussion sponsored by the UNC Institute of Global Health & Infectious Diseases. Video of the event can be seen below.
J. Stephen Morrison, Senior Vice President & Director, Global Health Policy Center for the Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS), spoke to students in the course, Interdisciplinary Perspective in Global Health, taught by Peggy Bentley and Mamie Sackey Harris. Students submitted questions to Dr. Morrison and his responses are below.
A couple Gillings students talk about working with UNC’s Center for Galapagos Studies in the Galapagos Islands. Gillings Associate Professor Jill Stewart is the center’s deputy director and Gillings Associate Dean for Global Health Peggy Bentley is the chair of the advisory board.