Sign up for Heartsaver CPR and AED certification
We are pleased to offer Heartsaver CPR & AED certification taught by instructors at the South Orange Rescue Squad in Carrboro. The next in-person course will be held Feb. 22 from 9 a.m. – noon. Course fees will be covered by the Gillings School in support of our commitment to emergency preparedness. Ten spaces are available on a first come first serve basis. Please email Brent Wishart at email@example.com to register for the February class or for the next class on April 20.
The University uses multiple methods of emergency notification, such as emails and text messages to contact those who are registered with the Alert Carolina system. To receive Alert Carolina text messages, please visit the Alert Carolina website.
Gillings School Emergency Preparedness
Being prepared for any hazard that may hit the UNC-Chapel Hill campus – whether large or small in scope, natural or not – is a priority of the Gillings School. Here are links to other emergency preparedness information.
- UNC-Chapel Hill Campus Alerts, Tornado and Weather Hazards
- Gillings School Severe Weather and Tornado Shelters
- Gillings School Emergency Coordinators
- Gillings School Evacuation Points (PDF)
Automatic External Defibrillators (AEDs) are located throughout the Gillings School:
- Rosenau Hall, First Floor – in the main lobby, by the Columbia Street entrance
- Michael Hooker Research Center, First Floor – by the front entrance
- McGavran-Greenberg Hall, First Floor – in the main lobby, by the Pittsboro Street entrance
All workplace incidents should be reported to the appropriate employee supervisor. Incident report forms can be found on the UNC Environmental Health and Safety website.
Town of Chapel Hill and Other Partnerships
- Community Safety Partnership
- Neighborhood Watch
- CrimeStoppers of Chapel Hill, Carrboro and UNC
- SAFE Kids Orange County
- National Night Out
- Town of Chapel Hill