Kathy Anderson, PhD
Kathy Anderson serves as Associate Dean for IT and Project Planning, providing information technology leadership as well as high-level planning & organization for cross-cutting School initiatives. She also oversees the School's facilities function.
Kathy joined the Gillings School in 2008 after serving in a variety of IT leadership roles in pharmaceutical & biotechnology R&D. Her experience includes strategic planning, business analysis, software development, informatics, process improvement, project & portfolio management, laboratory information management, and instructional, client & infrastructure support. She has a particular interest in leveraging change management approaches to maximize the benefit of technology solutions.
- Information technology leadership and strategy
- Oversight of information technology and facilities operations
- Information security coordination
- School representation to campus-level IT leadership teams and initiatives
- Project planning, organization and implementation for selected Schoolwide initiatives
PhD, Organic Chemistry, North Carolina State University
BS, Chemistry, Marquette University