Dana Hagele, MD, MPH
Dana M. Hagele, MD, MPH is a graduate of the Gillings School of Global Public Health (Maternal and Child Health, 2000) and a board-certified child abuse pediatrician. In 2006, Dr. Hagele and colleagues from the Schools of Medicine at UNC-CH and Duke University, co-founded the North Carolina Child Treatment Program (NC CTP). Currently funded by the North Carolina General Assembly, NC CTP is an implementation platform for the statewide dissemination of evidence-based, child mental health treatment models, with a focus on clinical workforce development and systems-level services integration. In addition to her role as NC CTP Co-Director, Dr. Hagele serves as a consulting physician at a Child Advocacy Center in Burlington, NC.
Honors and Awards
Alpha Omega Alpha National Medical Honor Society
1992, Rush Medical College, Chicago IL
Cum Laude, Medical Bacteriology
1991, Edinburgh University, Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
• Amaya-Jackson L, McMillen J, Hagele D, DeRosier ME, Potter DM, Glienke B. Leveraging technology to support training, treatment adherence and outcomes. American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry 63rd Annual Meeting, October 24-29, 2016.
• Hagele D, Potter D, Amaya-Jackson L, DeRosier M, Glienke B, Fiore A, Alvord A. Use of a web- based, EBT-specific implementation tool to support a statewide child mental health training, treatment and monitoring program. International Society for Traumatic Stress Studies 32nd Annual Meeting, November 10-12, 2016.
• Ray Helfer Society Honorary Physician Child Abuse Society; Member (elected), 2009–present
• North Carolina Child Advocacy Centers (NCCAC); Board Member (appointed), 2009–present
• Nancye Fleming Markle Charitable Trust for Children; Board Member (appointed), 2007–present
• North Carolina Child Medical Evaluation Program; Rostered Physician, 2000–present
• North Carolina Administrative Offices of the Court, Raleigh, North Carolina; Workgroup Member (appointed), North Carolina Courts Human Trafficking Initiative, 2016–present
• North Carolina Division of Social Services, Raleigh, North Carolina; Co-Developer and Author, Foster Care Health Oversight and Coordination Plan Development, 2012–2013
• North Carolina Division of Juvenile Justice, Raleigh, North Carolina; Consultant (appointed), Prison Rape Elimination Act of 2003 Implementation Workgroup, 2011–2013
• North Carolina General Assembly, Raleigh, North Carolina; Development Coordinator, NC Child Treatment Program Legislative Advocacy and Legislation (Senate Bill 605), 2012–2013
- Board certified in Child Abuse Pediatrics; 2009–present
- Attending physician, CrossRoads Child Advocacy Center, Burlington, NC; 2008–present
U.S. Copyright Registration No. TX8-156-498 for Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Fidelity Metric. (2015).
North Carolina Health Oversight and Coordination Plan for Children in Foster Care. Hagele DM, Starsoneck L (2013). NC Division of Social Services, Department of Health and Human Services, Raleigh NC.
North Carolina Sexual Assault Protocol for Juvenile Justice Confined Youth. Hagele DM (2013). NC Division of Juvenile Justice; Raleigh, North Carolina..
Fellowship, Preventive Medicine, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 2001
MPH, Maternal and Child Health, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 2000
N/A, Pediatric Residency, John H. Stroger Jr., Hospital of Cook County, Chicago, Illinois, 1999
BS, Medical Microbiology, Edinburgh University, 1991