WebTravel is for student and guest travel only – see Concur for faculty and staff travel.

  • Central Airfare Billing System (CABS) requests are processed within WebTravel (accessed via ConnectCarolina).
  • Collect the traveler’s information via this CABS Travel Request Form (this form will help you fill out the fields in WebTravel and assemble the info you will need to email the World Travel Inc team).
  • Follow the WebTravel Manual and review the WebTravel Reference Guide
    • pg. 3 – Signing In
    • pg. 12 – Creating a Travel Authorization
    • pg. 7 – Creating an Airfare Request
    • pg. 18 – Creating a Travel Reimbursement
    • pg. 23 – Attaching Files and Submitting WebTravel Documents for Approval
    • pg. 26 – Checking the Status of a WebTravel Document
    • pg. 34 – Creating a Favorite Chartfield String(s)
    • pg. 37 – Using the Travel Reports Tab


1. What do I need to know and do when preparing for travel?
Check out the Travel and Expenses page and the Business Travel FAQs to get you started.

2. Do students need approval for international travel?
Yes – see the SPH Global Travel Toolkit and UNC Global Affairs International Travel process for more information for Graduate and Undergraduate travel.

3. Do students/guests have to be set up as a Domestic Vendor/Supplier to be reimbursed for travel expenses?
Yes, we must have ACH information on file for students/guests to be reimbursed.  See the Domestic Vendors page for more information.

4. Are guests subject to University travel regulations?
Yes, guests traveling on University business whose expenses are paid or reimbursed by University funds are subject to all University travel regulations

Policies and Procedures


Travel Tools

Back to SPH ConnectCarolina Resources
Back to SPH Finance Main

We appreciate your feedback. Please contact us if you have any suggestions for this Finance resource site.

135 Dauer Drive
207 Rosenau Hall, CB #7400
Chapel Hill, NC 27599-7400