- This event has passed.
Second Annual Department of Epidemiology COVID-19 Updates Seminar
What’s happening with COVID-19 variants? How might they affect the community? What’s the latest on trends, variants, vaccines and vaccine roll-out in North Carolina? What’s the state of the science regarding medications, transmission, COVID-19 on college campuses, treatment protocols and herd immunity? What does the future hold?
Join experts in epidemiology to find out answers to these questions and more! This seminar will feature presentations, Q&A and dialogue with leading experts from the Department of Epidemiology at the UNC Gillings School of Global Public Health. They’ll share the latest on new COVID variants, vaccines and vaccine trials, breakthrough treatments, what’s happening in the clinical environment, CDC perspectives and much more.
- Ralph Baric, PhD, William R. Kenan, Jr. Distinguished Professor, Department of Epidemiology
- Kim Powers, PhD, associate professor, Department of Epidemiology
- Audrey Pettifor, PhD, professor, Department of Epidemiology; faculty fellow, Carolina Population Center
- Aaron Fleischauer, PhD, adjunct assistant professor, Department of Epidemiology; career epidemiology field officer, Centers for Disease Control, North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services
- David Weber, MD, professor, Department of Epidemiology; Charles Addison & Elizabeth Ann Sanders Distinguished Professor of Medicine & Pediatrics, UNC School of Medicine; associate chief medical officer and medical director at the UNC Medical Center
Moderator: Andy Olshan, PhD, Barbara Sorenson Hulka Distinguished Professor in cancer epidemiology, Department of Epidemiology; associate director, population sciences at UNC Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center