Job Search Tools
Preparing for your job search may feel like a complicated and daunting task, but the following resources can help you to simplify the process. To schedule an appointment to discuss any of these tips, please send an email to email@example.com.
Start early — we recommend you create a draft of your resume and/or curriculum vitae during your first year. Keep this document updated with all of your research projects, class projects, employment opportunities and volunteer experiences while at school.
- Revamp Your Resume and CV
- Writing Professional Letters
- Obtaining Letters of Recommendation and References
Preparing for your Interview
Just the thought of interviewing for a job, internship, or fellowship can make many students extremely nervous. Career Services is here to help you learn how to succeed in your interviews, from interview resources online to mock interviews.
There are many ways to connect with employers. Visit the links below for a few ideas.
Job Offers and Salary Negotiation
The resources below may help answer many of your questions, but you’re welcome to talk with a counselor about your specific situation.
- Tips for Handling Job Offers (PDF)
- The Art of Negotiation (presentation by Elizabeth Wallencheck, Director, Alumni Career Management, KFBS)
- Salary comparison links
- University Career Services
- Videocasts from NIH (includes a wide array of topics from resume writing and negotiation skills to grant writing and professional presentations)
University Career Services staff are available in the SPH Office of Student Affairs, located in 263 Rosenau Hall.