14 Gillings School undergraduates inducted into Phi Beta Kappa
May 5, 2023
Fourteen students from the UNC Gillings School of Global Health have been inducted into Phi Beta Kappa, the country’s oldest and most honored college honorary society. These outstanding students represent all four Gillings departments that offer a Bachelor of Science in Public Health degree. They include:
From the Department of Biostatistics:
- Andreea Ioana Cornea, a junior with a biostatistics major and chemistry and neuroscience minors
- Gargi Mehul Dixit, a senior with a biostatistics major
- Zhijie Duan, a junior with a biostatistics major
- Isabella Gamez, a junior with biostatistics and studio art majors
- Ian Francis Miller, a junior with a biostatistics major and chemistry and mathematics minors
From the Department of Environmental Sciences and Engineering:
- Emery Anne Hoos, a junior with environmental health sciences and biology majors
From the Department of Health Policy and Management:
- Rami Zahi Darawsheh, a junior with health policy and management and biology majors and a chemistry minor
- Michael Maizel, a junior with a health policy and management major
- Summer Aileen Thoma, a junior with a health policy and management major and a public policy minor
From the Department of Nutrition:
- Mason Bailey, a senior with a nutrition major and chemistry and biology minors
- Heidi Huan Cao, a junior with a nutrition major and neuroscience and chemistry minors
- Aastha Dubal, a junior with a nutrition major
- Grace Huiyu Fu, a junior with a nutrition major and chemistry and studio art minors
- Gabriella Torsone Ercolino, a junior with a nutrition major and chemistry and Spanish for the professions minors
Phi Beta Kappa membership is open to undergraduates in college and professional degree programs who meet stringent eligibility requirements. Less than 1% of all college students qualify for acceptance.
A total of 219 UNC-Chapel Hill undergraduates were inducted this spring as new members.
Contact the UNC Gillings School of Global Public Health communications team at firstname.lastname@example.org.