We want to help you get scientific facts, evidence, perspective and credible, expert opinions about public health issues. Anyone doing a story – whether a blogger, newspaper writer or radio/television producer – is doing more with less. Our experts can help with most hot news topics. Here are some areas of special expertise:
- Disasters and preparedness
- Infectious diseases, including AIDS, SARS, MERS, ZIKA, noroviruses and emerging infections
- Environmental issues from air quality to water, sanitation and health to global warming
- Maternal and infant health
- Cancer causes and prevention
- Other non-communicable diseases, including stroke, CVD and diabetes
- Health reform, health insurance and other health services topics
- Rural health and hospitals
- Health disparities and inequities, health of women and children, family violence
- Design and assessment of clinical trials
- A variety of issues related to children, including autism and effects of environmental pollutants and toxicants, bullying, substance use and driving
- Public health in North Carolina and globally
- And much more
We are committed to solve problems now and to translate research into programs, practices and policies that improve lives. With more than 200 outstanding faculty members, we are a credible, reliable information source on many issues. Our communications team is a good place to start, or you can search our faculty database by topic or individual for faculty bios and links to published articles. If you can’t find what you need, email me at email@example.com.
We look forward to working with you.