The Health Affairs Interprofessional Education Steering Committee was established in Spring 2016 as a subgroup of the Health Affairs Collaborative to advance Interprofessional Education (IPE) and Collaboration (IPC) through all schools. More information can be found on UNC-Chapel Hill’s IPE page.
Gillings School of Global Public Health Members
Our goal is to have IPE/IPC opportunities reach all students. Specifically, this committee aims to:
- Examine accreditation standards and strategize ways to introduce IPE to meet competencies for each school, providing a unified approach.
- Develop a strategic plan for IPE implementation.
- Serve as a liaison to the schools to connect faculty for IPE activities.
- Articulate a clear outcome vision for students exposed to IPE.
- Ensures that IPE content matches appropriate learning need for students.
- Prioritize IPE initiatives and match them to competencies for learning need.
To achieve these goals, the IPE Steering Committee has drafted a process for IPE and IPC. It is important that all activities go through this process so it can be captured in the IPE repository and recorded for accreditation purposes:
- Faculty/PI notifies IPE Steering Committee of concept or IPE/IPC opportunity through our contact form.
- Email is checked weekly and information is shared to the appropriate IPE Director for dissemination through their respective school.
- If the opportunity warrants further discussion, the IPE Steering Committee will discuss the collaboration during bimonthly steering committee meeting.
- A timeline is established to connect students/faculty with collaborators.
- If the event is not budget neutral, IPE steering committee members will work with faculty/staff to present offering to respective Health Affairs Collaborative/leaders for approval.
- Announcements of event are disseminated through newsletter (coming soon), Twitter, and other communication methods
- Collaborators provide feedback to the Steering Committee in order to debrief efficiency of process and next steps.
- Collaborators will present their work to the IPE steering committee as well as social media outlets.