Beginning in 2015, faculty, students, and staff from the Gillings School of Global Public Health have begun to come together to develop the new Gillings MPH Core curriculum. Since the first meetings in early 2015, the planning and implementation and evaluation committees have made tremendous progress in transforming the integrated core from an idea to a reality. Gillings is committed to making the development of the integrated core a transparent and responsive process. Review the below materials for more information about the process of developing the integrated core, the latest news, and upcoming next steps.
- Planning Committe (2015-16) — visit the webpage for the Planning Committee to learn about the planning process and access resources including guiding principles the final report
- Implementation Committee (2016-17) — visit the webpage for the Implementation Committee to find the latest news about the integrated curriculum
- Development Team (2017) — interdisciplinary instructors turned materials developed by two prior committees into fully realized fall and spring course syllabi with competencies and assessments mapped and helped develop the COMPASS (Core Online Modules to Promote and Accelerate Student Success) program, which orients students to the Gillings MPH
- Core Instructors Team (2017-2018) is preparing to teach the inaugural MPH Core courses this fall, 2018
- Concentration Leads (2018-2019) are working on the next step beyond the MPH Core, developing concentrations required course content for implementation in fall 2019.
Still have questions, or want to provide comments or feedback? Reach out to a members of these committees!
Have a question? Check the Gillings MPH Core FAQs document (PDF).