- Provides strategic visioning and leadership for academic planning and oversight of Students Affairs efforts
- Oversees and implements activities related to the Appointments, Promotions and Tenure process
- Ensures high-quality and integrity of School’s curriculum
- Represents Gillings School of Global Public Health on academic matters university-wide
- Ensures the School meets criteria for CEPH and SACs accreditations
- Chairs the Academic Programs Committee (APC) and the MPH Steering Committee.
- Ex Officio member of the Appointments, Promotions and Tenure (APT) Committee
- Provides technical assistance for curriculum development, program coordination and evaluation for accreditation compliance.
- Directs submission of compliance reports to the school’s accreditor, the Council on Education for Public Health.
- Co-leads the schoolwide Evaluation Plan and co-chairs the Evaluation Committee.
- Manages the Academic Programs Committee.
- Provides faculty development resources, consultations and workshops on best practices in competency-based instruction.
- Leads program and operations for the residential MPH program and COMPASS (Core Online Modules to Promote and Accelerate Student Success)
- Manages dual degree partnerships for the master’s of public health program
- Chairs the Culminating Experience/ Integrated Learning Experience (ILE) Subcommittee
Catherine Gihlstorf, MEd
Associate Director for MPH@UNC
- Leads program and operations for the online MPH@UNC program
- Liaises with technology delivery partner for MPH@UNC
- Coordinates program excellence with admissions, advising, student support and marketing
- Manages and coordinates large scale, data-driven higher education projects and strategic initiatives at the School
- Edits Academic Affairs e-newsletter and 5 MPH Quick Facts; manage Academic Affairs website and other communication deliverables
- Coordinates meetings for schoolwide committees – Chairs’ Committee, MPH Steering Committee, and Academic Programs Committee
Kerstin Sorensen, PhD
Adjunct Faculty Coordinator for MPH@UNC
- Manages recruitment, onboarding and retention of adjunct faculty to teach with MPH@UNC
- Provides oversight, support, and feedback to ensure quality of adjunct faculty performance and serves as a resource to MPH@UNC teaching teams
- Manages process improvements/strategic tasks to support onboarding, develop quality control strategy, and create professional development opportunities.
MPH@UNC Immersions Coordinator
- Assists with operations for residential MPH and COMPASS (Core Online Modules to Promote and Accelerate Student Success)
- Lead for student communication pertaining to all Gillings MPH students both residentially and online
- Assists with processing concentration changes, student deferrals and the biannual hiring process for Teaching Assistants and Senior Fellowship
Executive Assistant to Senior Associate Dean
- Provides email, calendar, meeting and administrative support for the Senior Associate Dean
- Coordinates and supports activities related to schoolwide events and Academic Affairs committees