Upcoming Events and Funding Opportunities
Select a specific topic here or scroll down the page to view all of our information on upcoming events and funding opportunities.
All Gillings faculty, staff, and students who engage in research must complete conflict of interest (COI) training and may also, depending on the nature of their work, be required to complete additional training related to ethics and compliance. If you are unsure about whether or not you have satisfied these requirements please visit the Ethics, Compliance and Required Training section on our Research Support page for more information or contact the Solutions team at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Funding that supports research endeavors is subject to regulation pursuant to various UNC policies, including, but not limited to the UNC Policy on Individual Conflicts of Interest and Commitment.
Gillings recently released its Guiding Principles for Considering Gift and Grant Agreements with Companies (approved June, 2017).
The Gillings School also has its own policy (updated August 8, 2016) regulating the receipt of funding from tobacco companies. Please review the Gillings Policy on Receiving Funds from Tobacco Companies for more information.
Do you have questions about policies related to funding and research?
Contact the Solutions team at email@example.com.
Select the options below to explore funding opportunities available to Gillings researchers.
- Sign up for the UNC Office of Research Development FUNDamentals newsletter
- UNC GrantSource Library
- UNC Graduate Funding Information Center
- SPIN Funding Database
- NIH Funding
- NSF Funding
- UNC Internal Funding Database
- NC TraCS Pilot Program
- University Cancer Research Fund
- UNC Lineberger Developmental Funding Program
Gillings School Annual Research Events
Every year, the Gillings School of Global Public Health hosts and partners with other organizations to coordinate conferences, lectures, webcasts, and more. Select the links below to learn more about just a few highlighted examples of the many events that Gillings supports every year.
- The Minority Health Conference, the largest and longest running student-led health conference in the country
- The National Health Equity Webcast, which ran for its twenty-third year in 2017
- The Annual Fred T. Foard Jr. Memorial Lecture, which this year will coincide with Gillings’ two-day symposium “Going Viral: Impact and Implications of the 1918 Flu Pandemic”
- The Gillings Spotlight on Student Research Poster Event, which will be next held in spring 2018
- The Water and Health Conference, organized by The Water Institute at UNC
Check back soon for a calendar of upcoming events and funding opportunity deadlines. In the meantime, visit the school-wide calendar to check out upcoming events at Gillings.
Research, Innovation and Global Solutions, in collaboration with other School and University units, offers a variety of resources and services to facilitate research and innovation.
Questions? Contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.