Impact: NCIPH's newsletter
In this issue we train response teams on the front lines of preventing the next flu pandemic, map social determinants of health in Wake County, kick off activities for National Public Health Week and more.
Learn how NCIPH staff contributed to the development of a workshop to train rapid response teams in East and Southeast Asia, areas where most novel influenza pathogens originate.
View our story map that visualizes the impact that social, economic and environmental conditions have on health in Wake County, and learn how your organization can create its own story using maps and data.
GVPH Director Lisa Harrison, MPH, with support from the national Stepping Up Initiative, NCIPH staff and Gillings School faculty, leads the way to reduce the number of mentally ill persons who are jailed in five North Carolina counties.
Celebrate National Public Health Week with NCIPH from April 2-8. We’ll be sharing our work, trainings and more!
Meet the new people who’ve joined our team in support of public health.
Upcoming Training from NCIPH
Registration Now Open:
- Pediatric Nutrition Course, Module 2: Nutrition Assessment
June 25-Sept 7, 2018
- North Carolina Public Health Leadership Institute 2018
July 2018 to June 2019; applications accepted through April 30th
Save the Date:
- NC Local Health Department Accreditation Annual Skills Building Workshop
August 14-15, 2018
- Accreditation 101: New Agency Accreditation Coordinator (AAC) Training
September 18, 2018
- School Nurse Conference
December 5-7, 2018; registration opens August 1st
- Coming This Fall: Child Health Training Physical Assessment of Adults and STD Nurse Clinician Training
Stay tuned for dates and registration information
- Available by Request: North Carolina Boards of Health Orientation Training
Online Courses Available Any Time:
To stay up-to-date with the latest news, join our mailing list, explore our website and follow us on Facebook!
Past issues of Impact
- June 2017
- March 2017
- December 2016
- August 2016
- May 2016
- February 2016
- April 2015
- December 2014
- February 2014
- May 2013
- September 2013
- November 2012
- February 2012