The Enhanced Role Registered Nurse Training Program is designed to provide nurses in local health departments with the skills they need to perform physical assessments and to function under standing orders.
- Physical Assessment of Adults (PAA) is the prerequisite for all upper level courses.
- All courses include a supervised clinical practicum.
- All courses are open only to nurses employed by North Carolina local health departments.
- All courses require an application. (Must be complete with clinical advisor information and supervisor’s signature.)
To register for a specific course, you must complete BOTH the registration form for the course you are interested in AND an Application for PHN Enrollment in the Enhanced Role Registered Nurse Training Program in order for us to verify that you have completed the necessary prerequisites.
To sign up for a course, click a link below:
- Principles and Practices of Public Health Nursing
- Child Health Enhanced Role Nurse Training Program
- Physical Assessment of Adults and STD Nurse Clinician Training Combined Practicum Course
- STD Nurse Clinician Training
- North Carolina HIV Counseling, Testing & Referral Training (offered by Whetstone Consultations)
Need more information?
- For information about Principles and Practices of Public Health Nursing, contact Lori Rhew at Lori.Rhew@unc.edu or call 919-843-0836.
- For information about Child Health Training Program, contact Lori Rhew at Lori.Rhew@unc.edu or call 919-843-0836.
- For information about Physical Assessment of Adults, contact Jean Davison at email@example.com.
- For information about STD Nurse Clinician Training, contact Jean Davison at firstname.lastname@example.org.