North Carolina Epi Teams Training Curriculum
The curriculum was developed by the UNC Center for Public Health Preparedness (UNC CPHP), part of the North Carolina Institute for Public Health.
Parts of the curriculum
- Presentation describing the role, function, and purpose of local Epidemiology Teams
- Team building exercise designed to improve communication among Epi Team members and enable the team to function more effectively
- Based on actual disease outbreaks, natural disasters, and environmental health hazards
- Each case study addresses specific learning objectives relevant to the responsibilities of Epi Team members
Development of the curriculum
UNC CPHP worked with an advisory committee of local Epi Team members, a Public Health Regional Surveillance Team representative, and an advisor from the NC Division of Public Health to design these materials specifically for local Epi Teams in North Carolina.
The advisory committee included local Epi Team members, a Public Health Regional Surveillance Team representative, and an advisor from the NC Division of Public Health. Thanks to each of the following individuals for their valuable contributions to the project.
- Edie Alfano-Sobsey, Public Health Regional Surveillance Team 4
- Gail Baker, Nash County Health Department
- Judy Butler, Orange County Health Department
- Kathy Dail, Communicable Disease Branch, NC Division of Public Health
- Connie Jones, Guilford County Health Department
- Susan Sheats, Robeson County Health Department