The Career Development office posts WEEKLY internship and job opportunities on our MCH jobs/internships website, valuable interviews with alumni and second year students, as well as career planning tips to help students find internships. This office also helps students develop learning agreements for the summer internship course and monitors the placements, attainment of competencies.
The Field Practicum Sakai site posts practicum and job opportunities, example CVs and resumes, correspondence examples, interview questions, skills for which employers are looking.
Jennifer Cole serves as the Director of Career Development for the Department of Maternal and Child Health. Her primary focus is to provide resources and support for students and alumni to find fulfilling and meaningful professional experiences. Please contact her at email@example.com to request resources available to students.
She meets individually with students and alumni to:
- Critique and create resumes;
- Review and edit correspondence (cover letters, networking letters, acceptance letters);
- Conduct mock interviews;
- Develop an individualized internship and job search plans
- Identify funding resources; and
- Salary negotiation.
Additionally, she leads group workshops on:
- Developing a strong resume;
- Effective correspondence (cover letters, networking letters, accepting a job, declining a job, etc.);
- Finding domestic and international summer internships;
- Interviewing skills;
- Successful job search strategies;
- Effective LinkedIn tools and resources; and
- How to work a career fair.