Jennifer Cole serves as the Director of Career Development for the Department of Maternal and Child Health. Her primary focus is to provide resources and support for students to find fulfilling and meaningful professional experiences. Please contact her at email@example.com to request resources available to students.
- Critique resumes;
- Review and edit correspondence (cover letters, networking letters, acceptance letters);
- Conduct mock interviews;
- Develop an individualized internship and job search plan;
- Identify funding resources; and
- Salary negotiation.
- Developing a strong resume;
- Effective correspondence (cover letters, networking letters, accepting a job, declining a job, etc.);
- Finding domestic and international summer internships;
- Interviewing skills; and
- How to work a career fair.
- Information about previous practicum sites (2001-2009) including internship description and contact information which can be found on the MCH Field Practicum Sakai website.
- The Career Development office posts a WEEKLY newsletter with current opportunities, valuable interviews with alumni and second year students, as well as career planning tips to help students find internships.
- This office helps students develop learning contracts for the summer internship course and monitors the placements, attainment of competencies.
- The Field Practicum Sakai site posts practicum and job opportunities, example CVs and resumes, correspondence examples, interview questions, skills for which employers are looking.
- Relevant internship and job posting sites
- One-on-one meetings with the Director of Career Development.