In the U.S. and around the world, a massive demographic shift in the number of people over age 65 is underway. This has far-reaching implications for local and global health and for local and global economies, with many countries, including the U.S., needing to rethink how to support the growing number of older adults in our midst. The Global Aging and Technology Collaborative is a group of multidisciplinary experts dedicated to improving technologies related to the enhancement of aging. Together we are prioritizing areas of greatest need and leveraging the Collaborative’s strengths, particularly in relation to technology innovation, development of evaluation criteria, and workforce development.
SERVICES AND KEY ACTIVITIES
- Mobilize collective ambition and intellectual capital
- Facilitate networking opportunities
- Catalyze “innovation hubs”
- Demonstrate impact
- Train health care workforce
- Develop evaluation standards
- Leverage fundraising and marketing opportunities
We promote the following values in the journey to fulfill our vision and mission:
COLLECTIVE IMPACT Organizations from different sectors agree to address aging through a common agenda, aligned efforts, and common measures of success.
RESPECT VIEW Aging is a social and personal opportunity and not as an illness or a burden.
PRACTICALITY Meet older adults’ values, style, needs, and emotions, and connect in a way that is effective for them.
AFFORDABILITY Recognize that finances are an important consideration in older adults’ decisions.
RELEVANCE Global applicability of strategies and services with local implementation for aging adults.
INCLUSIVE TECHNOLOGY Commitment to a broad definition of technology from environmental aspects to gadgets the end-user can hold in his or her hand.
TRIPLE BOTTOM LINE Measure the financial, social, and environmental impacts of Collaborative operations and supported partner projects.
- I Am Because We Are: Interrelated Realities January 22 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- Mental Health First Aid Training January 24 @ 8:00 am - 12:30 pm
- Connect, Engage, Transform: Rural Community Partnerships January 24 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm