Lecture Capture (Mediasite)
This is a legacy page with information about our previous lecture capture system. For updated information please go to our current page on Lecture Capture.
Please Note: Our classroom lecture capture service is currently unavailable due to Covid 19 safety protocols. We will not be offering this service in the Fall 2020 term.
All faculty needing to share or record lectures online should use Zoom.
If you would like more information about options for recording your lectures, see the Tools and Tips for Pre-recording Lectures section on our page on our Strategies and Resources for Teaching page.
If you have used our Lecture Capture system in the past you CAN reuse old lecture content from the last two years only. See below for more information.
Using lecture capture recordings
While all lectures will be recorded using Zoom this term, there are three (3) options for you to use lecture capture recordings made in the past two years in your Fall 2020 classes.
Important: to protect student privacy under FERPA, you cannot share recordings that have students in them with anyone outside that student’s class, including students in the same course, but in a different section or term.
You have three options for reusing your lecture capture recordings:
- Reuse the entire catalog of recordings through a single catalog link in Sakai. We will help you place a new catalog link in your current/upcoming Sakai site to provide access to ALL your old recordings, as is.
- Reuse selected recordings through individual recording links in Sakai. We will help you build an instructor-access-only link to your old catalog in your current/upcoming Sakai site. You will be able to use the catalog to build links to individual recordings for your students to access.
- Download recordings & host in Warpwire. Choose which recordings you wish to share with students (only download and upload the recordings you want). You can choose to make use of Warpwire’s “clipping” tool to make shorter video segments for your students. Shorter videos are more engaging online, and you can focus on important topics. See our instructions document for step by step instructions on processing your old Lecture Capture content for reuse.
- Note: On a first come, first serve basis we can provide limited help with editing recordings using Option We cannot guarantee availability of this service.
Request Reuse of Previous Lecture Capture Content:
To submit a request:
- You must be the instructor of BOTH the previous course that was originally recorded and the course in which you wish to use the recordings.
- You will need to provide the Sakai Site ID of both courses.
- You will need to verify that you will NOT use any recordings that reveal identities of previous students.