- For whom is the Doctoral Program in Health Leadership program designed?
- How many students are accepted each year?
- Must I have a degree in public health to apply?
- Must I have some experience in healthcare to apply?
- Is the DrPH program accredited?
- Where are the classes taught?
- Are any visits to Chapel Hill required?
- What kind of Internet connection must I have in order to participate?
- Is a dissertation required in the DrPH program?
- Don’t see an answer to your question?
For whom is the Doctoral Program in Health Leadership program designed?
The program is designed for working healthcare professionals in the U.S. or abroad with the potential and ambition to become senior leaders and who are committed to improving the public’s health.
Must I have some experience in healthcare to apply?
Yes. You must have a minimum of at least five years of post-graduate experience in the health field, in a substantial management or leadership position.
Is the DrPH program accredited?
There is no accreditation process for DrPH programs, or for most individual degree programs. The School of Public Health is accredited by the Council on Education for Public Health (CEPH) and the university is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
Are any visits to Chapel Hill required?
Yes. Students visit in August, January and May for 3-4 days each. We may opt to replace an on-campus visit with a visit outside NC or overseas one time during the two years of required coursework.
Is a dissertation required in the DrPH program?
Yes. Students begin planning their dissertation in the first year of their studies and spend most of the third year completing it. While most students complete their dissertations in three years, some take up to five years to complete their dissertations.
Office of Student Affairs
Contact your academic coordinator.
Department of Health Policy and Management
School of Public Health
CB# 7411, 120 Rosenau Hall
University of North Carolina
Chapel Hill, NC 27599-7411