Below are resources to help students interested in global health careers, mentoring, and getting involved in leadership roles. The Career Resources section provides information on career development and support materials to assist students interested in pursuing a career in global health. In the Get Involved section, students looking to network with other students at UNC and within the Gillings School can find information on different ways to get involved.
- Research, Innovation and Global Solutions offers global health career advising and mentoring- email us to schedule an appointment.
- Research, Innovation and Global Solutions is piloting a new program, “Global Alumni Mentors.” Contact our selected alumni who work in global health to receive mentoring under our Global Alumni Mentors tab.
- Research, Innovation and Global Solutions publishes This Week in Global Health,which lists job and internship opportunities.
- The Gillings School’s WellConnected site is an online community where job opportunities are posted by UNC Gillings alumni.
- The Gillings School’s Office of Student Affairs offers helpful information on job searches and opportunities.
- University Career Services offers comprehensive assistance to undergraduates.
Select for more career resources.
Students network and learn about different careers in global health.
- The Student Global Health Committee (SGHC) is a student-run global health organization in the Gillings School of Global Public Health. SGHC is an organization committed to creating awareness and understanding of international health issues among the UNC community through education, advocacy, and service.
- GlobeMed at UNC aims to strengthen the movement for global health equity by empowering students and communities to work together to improve the health of people living in poverty around the world.
- A Drink For Tomorrow combats the global water crisis through awareness and direct action.
- Engineers Without Borders (EWB-USA) UNC-CH Chapter is a student organization founded for the purpose of facilitating UNC student involvement in international engineering and health projects organized or approved by EWB-USA.
- The Honduran Health Alliance is an international alliance of organizations that work with UNC’s School of Medicine and Gillings School of Global Public Health students to help with a women’s health project in Choluteca, Honduras.
- Nourish International’s Nourish UNC works to address systems of poverty and inequality by avoiding traditional forms of aid that only perpetuate them.
- The Refugee Health Initiative serves the health and wellness needs of the refugee population in the Research Triangle area.