Application Coming Soon!
The award funding is open ONLY to first-year residential UNC Gillings MPH students who have secured a global practicum placement as part of their degree experience. Global is defined as an international placement or placement in the U.S. with a global health focus. We expect to grant between 5-10 awards to students. Awards can be up to $4,000 each. Global experiences of at least 6 weeks’ duration preferred.
- First-year residential UNC Gillings MPH student
- Secured a practicum placement for Summer 2019 (Fall 2019 for MPH-RD students doing their Advanced Experience)
- Must be global or local-global placement
- Use the award funding Summer 2019 (Fall 2019 for MPH-RD students)
Preview of application long response questions:
- Description of what you will be doing during your experience
- How this experience will further enhance your career path in the global health field
- Estimated budget and short budget justification*
Supporting documents needed for the application:
- Current unofficial transcript
- UNC Gillings Learning Agreement or Letter of Commitment from placement organization/study
*Please note, funding CANNOT be used towards tuition, nor towards rent or other housing expenses you will not be living in during the duration of your experience.
"Doing this work really inspired me to do more global health work in the future." - Karla Jimenez-Magdaleno
"Without funding, I would not have been able to be based in-country and gain invaluable field experience with the PATH M&E team." -Kirsten Miner
"Coming from a LMIC myself (Bangladesh), I wanted to broaden my professional experience in what it means to be working in a foreign environment." -Aninda Sen
"My global practicum meant experiencing field research firsthand and physically seeing the impact of public health programs." -Edith Amponsah